Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have an educated guess? Van is 04 with 148000 miles. Justed started the whine a couple thousand miles ago, however shifts great, no problem. Van has been flawless, uses no oil. Best car I have ever owned. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After reading alot of other posts, seems that it is common at these miles. Im not going to replace it, just thinking about maybe selling or hanging on. Been a great van so far. Got AAA just in case.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mine is a 2003 with 190k miles and it has whined for about the last 100k. It only whines when throttle is on and whine gets louder as speed increases. If I am on the highway and let off the gas the whine stops.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ours is having this problem as well, it sounds like a power steering pump that is low on fluid? It is just started. I wonder if this cold weather is doing it?
I may change the ATF again but it seems like a mechanical sudden issue.
I am hearing there is a screen in the trans near the solenoids can get clogged and cause this. I see this as a mechanical failure that can be fixed due to sudden problems are the reason.
Try using D1 instead of D, it seemed to quiet ours for the moment. Around town D1 is supposed to be used anyway, I try to tell my wife but she struggles with the idea. It keeps the OD alive and is easier on the transmission. I wish you luck, wish me some as well, broke and now the 04 Oddy dies with 133k on it. What next.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When do you hear the whine, while idling, in all gears, or while accelerating in 1st gear?
Usually can hear right when I begin to get into 2nd through 5th but then can not hear it Like a high pitched dog whistle. Im going on a 850 mile round trip tomorrow. Lets see what happens. AAA is all paid up.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Mine is a 2001. I hear from 2nd through 4rd /45mph - 65mph. It stays steady at 50. If I go past 70 it is less and can only hear it low pitch when accelerating. No whining when I let off the pedal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts