Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So our '06 ody now has 108, 000kms and I noticed that it whines a little bit when accelerating in first gear but never in other gears (which is good IIRC).

Are other ody owners experiencing the same whine in 1st? its noticeable but not crazy loud. Upshifts smoothly and downshifts reasonably smoothly (the downshift sometimes can be harsh).

Overall van seems to drive fine but I want to make sure that I've done what I can to avoid any future failures. Tranny fluid is nice and bright red and serviced at Honda and has mostly highway miles. I just had the TC update done to it to fix a judder that I never had (b/c they say software update is important to preserve life of tranny).

So far I think is good.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Are you saying it didn't whine before?
We have a 2005 EX-L with 82k miles, whines in 1st since new. Our previous car was an '03 Accord V6, that thing whined in 1st as well.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Mine has whined forever and I'm at 140,000 miles. Tech test drove it and had heard it so much he said it was considered normal. If you listen closely you will likely hear it in the other gears too but road noise tends to drown it out the faster you go.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Oh stop whining!!!

:DD:DD:DD:DD

Sorry, I couldn't resist

:DD:DD:DD:DD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts