Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I have had pretty good luck using the "clay bars" that are available on small amounts of tree sap. Not sure how they would work on a big glob, though. Hope someone else can chime in with better advise...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Go down to your local auto body paint supply store (jobber) and pick up a 16 oz. can of 3M General Trim Adhesive Remover. This will cost about $15 and will last you forever. This stuff dissolves about everything except paint. It works wonderfully on tar and bugs and should help your tree sap problem. Be sure and rewax as this stuff will remove any wax it touches.

------------------
Craig

·
Registered
331 Posts
I use good ole rubbing alcohol. Of course it removes wax and Zaino as well.

YMMV.

------------------
00 EX - Taffeta White
MacNeil Deflector, Weathertech Mats, Mud Guards, Panavise Phone Holder,
Cheerios and Goldfish on floor and under car seats.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'd also like to send thanks for those pointers. Detailers - any further opinions on the relative merits of above suggestions (clay bars, 3M, turp., rubbing alc.)? What about differences in the pine sap over time (it does get harder and harder, doesn't it?) (Sorry detailers, know you are crinnnging)

Thanks, t

·
Registered
27 Posts
page 330 of the 2002 owners manual cover's the tree sap problem, indicating tar remover or turpentine would remove the stain and would not harm the finish if rinsed off immediately.we once had tree sap get on a new 1995 camry and toyota also recommended turpentine to remove it, a small container is available at wallmart and will last for years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.