Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help - when I was out of town, Murphy's Law struck and the car battery in my wife's 2005 EX-L died and she had to call Triple-A to come replace the battery. Well now the only item displayed on the digital display is the overall odometer. Trip odometer A/B, the outside temperature, oil life, etc. are gone. When I press the reset control it will not scroll through the items like it used to. Rotating the control only dims/brightens the instrument cluster.

I have searched and searched and have found nothing other than how to reset the oil life % and key in the radio passcode, which I have done many times. This one has me stumped and I would appreciate any advice.

As a note, I did try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting to start over, but no luck with that.

·
Registered
786 Posts
When my Ody was new, it was on the showroom floor with the battery dead. My salesman said that all batterys in showroom floor cars died, especially Ody's with the power doors, but they would not disconnect the battery because the computers had to then be reset. I would try and call the dealer and see what is involved with it. If I think about it I will ask the next time I'm in, but from what I heard, its not an easy fix, sorry to say.

·
Super Moderator
1,247 Posts
mbyron4 said:
I need some help - when I was out of town, Murphy's Law struck and the car battery in my wife's 2005 EX-L died and she had to call Triple-A to come replace the battery. Well now the only item displayed on the digital display is the overall odometer. Trip odometer A/B, the outside temperature, oil life, etc. are gone. When I press the reset control it will not scroll through the items like it used to. Rotating the control only dims/brightens the instrument cluster.

I have searched and searched and have found nothing other than how to reset the oil life % and key in the radio passcode, which I have done many times. This one has me stumped and I would appreciate any advice.

As a note, I did try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting to start over, but no luck with that.
See my post in this thread about the battery cable reset procedure and a few other tips. It is worth a shot before going to the dealer or your mechanic for a diagnosis. Another option is to disconnect the battery, as you previously did, but for a long time. This has worked for others with electronic issues.

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showt...ht=battery+cable+reset+procedure&pagenumber=2

Let us know if any of this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the replies. I was finally back in town this weekend and was able to perform the battery disconnect again. I left it disconnected for over an hour and, presto, the display is working again.

I love this forum - it has helped me numerous times on repairs and maintenance items. Glad my first post had an easy solution.

Thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
About a week ago, our battery died over night due to the AC relay. Replaced the AC relay and battery and all worked normally except for the odometer display. I've had numerous issues with the battery on my 2010 Odyssey and this thread saved us money. I disconnected the battery for one hour and the digital odometer displayed properly and all functions work normally.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts