Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my family decided to go on a trip tomorrow to north cal... however we have not made any decision on where.. we prefer scenary places.. i need recommendations, fast.

·
Registered
159 Posts
my family decided to go on a trip tomorrow to north cal... however we have not made any decision on where.. we prefer scenary places.. i need recommendations, fast.
Where in Northern CA? San Fransicko? Monterey?

If you want a nicer, but longer drive go 101, not I-5 (boring). If you go up 101, you can stop in San Luis Obispo for a nice meal at the Apple Farm (off 101 at California Street I believe).

Continue up 101 to Salinas then take the jaunt over to Monterey. In Monterey you have the Monterey Bay Aquarium, the 17 Mile Drive in Carmel, etc.

Then, go up highway 1 to highway 17 and you are now in Santa Cruz. You can go the the Santa Cruz Beach boardwalk and ride the roller coasters, enjoy some decent food, etc.

Take highway 17 over the hill to San Jose. In San Jose you have a lot of nice museums (e.g. The Tech) and the Winchester house (not worth the money but interesting if you are in to wacky architecture).

From San Jose go to Napa/Sonoma for wine tasting, beautiful scenery.

I avoid going to San Francisco. Can't stand the place.

Drive safe....If you take 101, watch your speed around the major towns like Salinas, Paso Robles, and ESPECIALLY King City - ticket capitol of the west.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Kings Canyon/Sequoia National Parks and also through the high Sierras near Yosemite. Or take the PCH to Big Sur/Monterey/Carmel as stated above. McWay Falls at Pfeiffer Beach Park is very scenic as well.

·
Registered
318 Posts
This made me LOL!.

Nevertheless, get off 101N before you hit Salinas area. Too many construction going on. Lane closures are a sure bet. I got delayed in that area for 2 hrs. on a weekday night, let alone weekend when everyone and their grandmothers want to go somewhere.

If you have radar/laser detector, use it. 101 is notoriously swamped with ticket happy writing CHP officers (that includes my wife's cousin). :D

Drive safe and observe the posted speed limit.

Where in Northern CA? San Fransicko?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts