Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post guys and gals! This forum seems great so i'm sure i'll be spending lots of time here. Anyway....
It's happened a couple times already on my 3wk old EX-L. I go to shut the gas tank door after filling up and it will not stay shut. I have to slam it shut to make it stay closed, but even then it seems like it's ready to pop open. It's never actually popped open during driving, though. Anyone else experience this?

Thanks!
Deo

·
Registered
368 Posts
Same thing happened recently on our '01EX at around 11,000 miles. Fixed by dealer under warranty. Explanation was "you must have bumped the latch mechanism when you were putting gas in it". I didn't buy their explanation but they fixed it nonetheless. No problem with it after it was fixed.

------------------
'01 TW EX-N; Xenon "look" headlights; Honda Dash kit, Jensen Flip Down TV; Sony Mobile VCP; Cargo Tray; Leather wrap wheel; Pioneer 1665's; Infinity 1055's, Glove Box light mod, door edge moldings, mud guards, wheel well moldings, Zaino'd

·
Registered
529 Posts
If you don't want to go back to the dealer for this, just grab the little "tang" that locks it and bend it slightly with your fingers. You'll see easily what needs to be done to fix it. I did this myself about a month ago when I had the same problem. Couldn't be simpler. Just go easy, maybe bend it and try it then bend it a bit more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fuel door will not completely shut

This may be a problem that my wife discovered yesterday. With the fuel filler door apparently closed, if you push the fuel filler door, it will pop open. And the driver side sliding door locks automatically.

I will try what bigjim had suggested.

Thanks to all.

Emil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts