Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wonder if you can put another of the front tray tables in between the middle seats?

ddid anyone do this or think of it?
jsut curious. i would like to have that in the middle seats for the kids..... i like how it folds down etc.....

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
If you did that mod, how would you slide the middle seats together?

·
Registered
100 Posts
sahm,

It won't fit - too wide.

You may have better luck with the table in the CRV.

I wouldn't do it in any case. But that's only my opinion.

-- Hoa

------------------
GG '02 EX-L NAVI

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol i dont want the middle seats together i have 2 boys........
i was just curious tho.... i like how the front try folds down a plus for in the middle. we travel a lot and the kids would like their own tray for stuff. thanx for the input!!!!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sahm,

I too am considering a middle row table. The CR-V table seems to be narrow enough to fit between the middle seats. I plan to look into it more when I get my van. Hopefully end of this week
I'll post back once I've had a look at the seat frame.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx! i havent told DH what my plans are...hehehehehehehe and hes the one who works on the vehicles hehehehehe

·
Registered
139 Posts
From the pictures I've see, the Kia Sedona van appears to have a folding tray that is almost identical to the one in the Ody. Just wondering if might be a little less wide and fit between the Ody second row seats. Anybody seen one in person?

------------------

[This message has been edited by dlh2 (edited 02-05-2002).]

·
Registered
10 Posts
any luck

Guys -

Looks like we all have the same desires. Any of you have any luck fitting any tray table between the middle seats?

Like you guys, I don't want to put the seats together, I want them apart to keep the kids apart and the table will have their crap on it.

Aaron

·
Registered
63 Posts
Heartland Console

I have found the the Heartland Console fits perfectly between the back two seats too. You can store lots of stuff and have 4 drink holders and 3 12v outlets to boot!

:)

·
Registered
63 Posts
K-mart

I bought mine at K-mart, but you can get them at Heartland.com. If you do a search on this Ody site for console or Heartland console, there are several long threads on the issue.

:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've also got the heartland consol for the front. WE love it. I've thought of getting one for the middle seats as well. I had to order it over the net. I could not find it locally at K-mart or Wal-Mart.

·
Registered
10 Posts
any other site?

Sorry to be a persistent pain guys. heartlandamerica.com, kmart.com, and walmart.com, do not have this cosole on their websites? Any other sources?

Much appreciated, Aaron

·
Registered
1,364 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
In trying to solve this same problem, I purchased a small coleman ice chest. It measures approximately 18" long by 10.5" wide by 13" tall and fits very snugly between the middle row seats. I purchased it at the local Walmart for about $10 six months ago or so.

It has turned out to be a much better solution than I had hoped:
1) it is a good sized cooler for long family trips;
2) with the cooler closed it provides a nice flat surface just above the seat level (perfect when they are sittinging in their car seats) for my two boys to place their toys. It also creates an area between the car seat and the cooler to put drinks (little guy cannot reach the cup holder on the side edge of his seat) and other stuff.
3) the top can be turned over to reveal 4 cup holders and a recessed area to put food, etc. (works great for holding hamburgers, french fries and ketchup and allows dad to keep on driving). The top is attached to the side by two plastic hinges that let the lid flip up like most coolers. I just pulled the screws out and removed the hinges.
4) When not used as a cooler, the ice chest can be used to store toys, etc.
5) And last, but not least...It is a good sized cooler for every day use. It is easy to put in and take out.

Hope this helps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts