Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Just went to have my 2005 Honda Odyssey evaluated at local Honda dealer for sale and now the SRS light is on when it's never been on before. Could be a complete coincidence but now they want to mark the car down by $1250 because of the light being on. The dealer took about 30 minutes to evaluate the car and visited the car 3 times. Anybody else had an experience like this or am I just being paranoid? Is it possible to quickly disable the SRS ? Is there something I should look for?

Thx

·
Registered
542 Posts
Easy money.. think about it. With access to the fuse box, How long does it take to pull a few wires here and there to get the SRS to turn on? You, the owner will have no clue it even happened. They make $1250 for 1hour of their time.. paying $50 to the "technician". There is always the chance that the SRS just turned on, coincidentally. Sure, by that same coincidence I should have been the powerball lottery winner last year.

Think about it, that SRS issue has now weakened your expectation onthe worth of the car.. didnt it? Precisely!. The motive is profit. They had the means since you left it with them for 30minutes. I would suggest escalating it to the manager and also leave a review and raising a stink about this. They usually calm down and not deduct the $1250. With enough data points, and "SRS issues" they will become a Bill Cosby. Even if they dont deduct, the issue has weakened your negitiating power.. now you cant even consider asking them to raise their initial offer price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately it was the 'second hand' manager who dealt with me. The printed offer I got doesn't even have my name on it and doesn't mention the air bag light issue. It just has the markdown as 'condition'. One way to cover the bs I guess. Thanks to this website I've managed to reset the SRS and now the light no longer stays on after ignition. Words fail me for this to have happened at an official Honda dealership.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
So take it to another dealer and get another offer with the SRS light off. If it is more than $1,250 more than the first dealer take it if it suits you. If not, go back to the first dealer and see if they will remove the $1,250 deduct. It certainly does seem suspicious on the timing, but even if it was tampered with I would caution writing off an entire dealership over one persons actions unless there are other signs of that being the culture of the entire place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts