Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi- I have a 2012 Honda Odyssey and just noticed the tailgate is rusting below the chrome trim piece and behind it. I was aware of the warranty extension on the paint on a service bulletin I received, and even mentioned it a couple years ago to the dealer when it was in for an oil change. They said they’d check it and make note of it but that nothing was visible and just to wait. Of course this winter I just noticed how bad the rust is...difficult to see as it’s under the chrome trim piece. Apparently, the warranty extension expired in July 2019 and now it’s 6 months later and they said they won’t cover it. I am very upset as they said they notified me and told me to go to get it fixed at collision - however, I they said to wait as they didn’t see anything. Collision said I may need a new tailgate as it’s probably rusted through. The collision manager took pictures and will submit it to the district parts and warranty manager, but said it would probably not be approved, or may only cover part of the cost. Any advice on how to proceed??? The car only has 75k miles and nearly perfect condition inside and out (except the tailgate rust!!)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.