Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to start a thread for everyone to share the experiences of updating TCM software. Thanks.

SYMPTOM
The transmission has intermittent harsh or jerky upshifts with steady acceleration, or the MIL comes on with DTC P0716.

TSB 19-124 - 9-Speed A/T Hard Upshift with Steady Acceleration or MIL On with DTC P0716
Applies To: 2018-19 Odyssey - LX, EX, EX-L with 9-speed A/T - ALL

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A check engine light or malfunction indicator lamp (MIL), is a tell-tale that a computerized engine-management system uses to indicate a malfunction. Found on the instrument panel of most automobiles, it usually bears the legend engine,[1] check engine, service engine soon, maintenance required, emmiss maint, or a pictogram of an engine—and when illuminated, it is typically an amber or red color.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

UsedToBeCoolTX said:

Software updated and the hard shift is gone. If you are still having this issue you should go to your dealer, let them know there is a service bulletin on it and request the software update. This is covered under warranty. I'll post again in another thousand miles or so to let y'all know if we're still shifting smooth as butter!

pgm1713 said:

Just got the update yesterday too. Service advisor already knew about TSB. Not sure if it’s psychological but it feels better already. Thanks to the TSB forum for keeping us updated!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
A check engine light or malfunction indicator lamp (MIL), is a tell-tale that a computerized engine-management system uses to indicate a malfunction. Found on the instrument panel of most automobiles, it usually bears the legend engine,[1] check engine, service engine soon, maintenance required, emmiss maint, or a pictogram of an engine—and when illuminated, it is typically an amber or red color.
Many thanks :)!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Has anyone in Canada got this update done? My dealer says they can't find the TSB number or any new TSB's related to transmission hard shifting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have my 18 EX TCM software updated at Windsor Honda, Ontario, Canada. It felt much better on the way home from the dealer. I gave the dealer service adviser the print out of the TSB. With the print out, the dealer will be more motivated to find the TSB. The dealer asked for feedback after 800 KM.

Hopefully, the TCM update will fix the problem for good for very body.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JohnnyBeagle said:

I had TSB 19-124 performed over the weekend. Made a huge difference in my '18 EX-L. I had to tell my service advisor "TSB 19-124" because he "didn't find it in the system" by just searching for transmission items on the Odyssey, but when I went to pick up he said the tech already knew exactly which TSB I was interested in

The TSB pdf is linked at the top of this forum's listings in the TSB threads, in case anyone wants to bring a printout of the TSB docs to their dealer to avoid any confusion.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have my 18 EX TCM software updated at Windsor Honda, Ontario, Canada. It felt much better on the way home from the dealer. I gave the dealer service adviser the print out of the TSB. With the print out, the dealer will be more motivated to find the TSB. The dealer asked for feedback after 800 KM.

Thanks pikaqu1...so obviously Canadian Honda Service Departments should have it. I gave my service advisor all the information over the phone over a week ago. Claimed he couldn't find it and had never heard of it. Offered to email it to him but he declined the offer. Heading on a long vacation trip in a week and I don't want anybody messing with anything at this point. Perhaps he will be able to find the TSB in the system by the time I get home.

·
Registered
32 Posts

It takes about 800 KM for the TCM to adapt after the update. According to the TSB: "Have the service manager or service advisor explain to the customer that after the TCM update, it will take about 500 miles for the TCM to adapt to the customer's drive pattern." Would you share your experience with us after you've driven 800 KM please?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts