Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a silly question. I just purchased a used 07 odyssey touring. I was wondering if there is a way for me to know if the previous owner serviced all the TSBs? Thank you.

·
Registered
755 Posts
either go to the dealer where the seller had it serviced at to get

it checked, or ask your dealer to check the software version.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks richysh for the reply. I found out that the previous owner was out of state and according to the carfax, the car hardly went to the dealer.

I brought the van to the dealer for 2 recalls after I bought the van. Do I need to request for the TSB to be serviced or they should do it automatically?

Can you explain more about the software? Thanks.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I would think that the dealer would have a database that shows if a TSB has been performed. Try asking. As far as them performing them, the car must show symptoms of the problem. They won't do them just because.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks David. It makes sense that there has to be a problem with my van for them to fix it huh? I kinda treated a TSB as a recall....not the same huh?

So, I should be able to call the local dealer ad give them my VIN # and they should be able to tell me what has been fixed and what not?

·
Registered
747 Posts
OsevenOdy4life said:
Thanks David. It makes sense that there has to be a problem with my van for them to fix it huh? I kinda treated a TSB as a recall....not the same huh?

So, I should be able to call the local dealer ad give them my VIN # and they should be able to tell me what has been fixed and what not?
They certainly can for a recall. I guess the TSB is the question. Check with the dealer. If you have a problem there is a TSB for, I would take it in and assume that it has not been done.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Also, if you have a look at the TSBs there is sometimes something the techs have to do to show they did it, or the parts are a little different.

For example, the new PS tank has a white dot on it.

Nicolas

·
Registered
887 Posts
Honda dealer computers are not linked, so the only way to know what has been done is to know where they specifically took the van in for service. I am not sure why they are not linked, even gm does this.

A TSB is a Technical Service Bulletin, or also referred to as a repair procedure. It is not a recall. There is a master recall system so you can see if the recalls were performed. You can also register on honda's owner link and enter the VIN of your van, and it will list the recalls and if they were performed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts