Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, are TSBs considered warranty items, or would they also be fixed when a van is out of warranty?

Also, does anyone know definitively if Honda Canada honors the American Honda TSBs, or if there are separate TSBs for Canada?

·
Registered
513 Posts
TSBs are basically additions to the technical manual, not recalls or extended warranties. If the part is covered by warranty, then the are free, if not they aren't. You can get good will but that is Honda's discretion I think.

As to Canada vs US, not sure, they tend to cover ranges of cars, not a market, but I guess it is possible.

Nicolas

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
TSBs can be performed for free under normal basic warranty. So read the lists here and get them done ASAP.

I print out the TSBs and bring to my Canadian dealer. They usually have a similar TSB for Canadian dealers and I have not had a problem with the TSBs I have brought to them.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Being an owner of a US imported Odyssey, Canadian dealers will do recalls but not TSB's. However, I have taken my Odyssey back down to the States to have TSB work done without any issues.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Being an owner of a US imported Odyssey, Canadian dealers will do recalls but not TSB's. However, I have taken my Odyssey back down to the States to have TSB work done without any issues.
Do you mean under warranty? Honda does not cover warranty work for cars that have been moved to Canada from the US.

Nicolas

·
Registered
178 Posts
Do you mean under warranty? Honda does not cover warranty work for cars that have been moved to Canada from the US.

Nicolas
Well, when i has work done in Canada for the brake and software recall, it was under warranty. Not sure if it works outside of warrant period.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I recently purchased a 2008 EX w/ 44K on it, and while it has the extended Honda Care powertrain warranty, I declined the extended bumper to bumper.

Now that we've done a road trip, I notice the vibrating window and 2100 rpm 'droning'. There is an American TSB for the window vibration, but not for the 2100 rpm droning (at least for the 2008).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts