Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I trade in my 97 4Runner (I still owe about $18K on it) The dealer would not give me any more than $12K trade in value for it.
It's an SR5 loaded (No leather) Any advise will help.

My wife is driving me nuts to get the 2002 Ody EXL-RES, arrrggggghhh.

·
Registered
22 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ody-ranger:
Should I trade in my 97 4Runner (I still owe about $18K on it) The dealer would not give me any more than $12K trade in value for it.
It's an SR5 loaded (No leather) Any advise will help.

My wife is driving me nuts to get the 2002 Ody EXL-RES, arrrggggghhh.
</font>
Try selling it on your own, or try carmax. I have a '95 4Runner (paid off) and have a 2002 on order. The toyota is nice, but rather weak , the 2001 odyssey w/205 hp had more get up and go. Can't wait til the 2002 comes in, 240hp vrrrrroom.

Make a list of what you want and what you need. 4 Runner has 4wd, seats 5, has looks, and suv stigma. Odyssey seats 7, more cargo room, more hp, better gas mileage and probably cheaper to maintain.

JMHO,

AA

·
Registered
78 Posts
I battled with a similar decision. We've currently got a 97 Lexus LX450 (which I drive) and a 99 Accord (which my wife drives) and an 02 Ody on order (which my wife will drive).

I love my LX450 but finally decided to sell it and I'll drive the Accord. I just can't justify having two huge cars, especially since once we get the Ody, any family trips will be in the Ody.

I do agree with an earlier post, sell the 4Runner yourself instead of trading it in; you'll always get quite a bit more that way.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AA
Thanks for the advise, I agree I think I should try selling it on my own. However, that's the only car that I have and if I do sell it then I would need to get a temp ride before getting the 02 Ody (EXL-RES). Maybe I should buy me a used 98' accord as a spare car. Any sugestions?

Thanks again

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by AA:
Try selling it on your own, or try carmax. I have a '95 4Runner (paid off) and have a 2002 on order. The toyota is nice, but rather weak , the 2001 odyssey w/205 hp had more get up and go. Can't wait til the 2002 comes in, 240hp vrrrrroom.

Make a list of what you want and what you need. 4 Runner has 4wd, seats 5, has looks, and suv stigma. Odyssey seats 7, more cargo room, more hp, better gas mileage and probably cheaper to maintain.

JMHO,

AA
</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts