Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts on finding a short which is causing the fuse to blow when using the turn signals?

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Does the fuse blow if you signal in either direction? If that's the case, it helps narrow down where to look.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Narrowed to passenger side. Removed both assemblies and bulbs. Strangely the blinkers worked. At first it blinked fast to notify that bulb was out. I then installed the back bulb and it worked at fast speed. After installing the front bulb they both worked at normal speed. Figuring I must have moved a wire and caused the short to go away, I reinstalled the back light assembly and after that the fuses started blowing again. Must be something with the rear passenger blinker, but not sure how to proceed.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
So the problem is in the right rear signal light assembly? Take it out again, turn on the signal, and gently move the wires around (to simulate installation) until it shorts. The problem is probably in or near the socket. If not, follow the power wire back into the body as far as you can and look for broken insulation. If not, encase the power wire inside a piece of flex tubing or wrap it in electrical tape.

Electrical problems like this can try your patience. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts