Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

I've been scouring the internet for some time trying to figure out how the turn signal headlight stalk gets replaced.

I've gotten the column covers off and three visible screws holding the stalk to the steering column, but the switch itself does not want to move.

Is there something I can't see that is holding it in place?

Or I'm not using the right method?

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
After removing the dashboard lower cover, the top and bottom steering wheel covers, disconnect the 14P connector from the light switch; it just says there are 2 screws on the front that releases the switch from the column by pulling out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what's confounding me.

How much force would I need to move this thing?

I did break this while avoiding a crash with dead pedals, maybe something else is busted?

·
Registered
7 Posts
After removing the 3 lower cover screws of the lower cover ( steering column next to steering wheel)- move the lower cover.. Next,you remove the 2 small phillips on the upper left of the turn signal stalk. Then, use a small screwdriver to lever out the turn signal block from its hub. Hope this helps, someone down the line

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Yes, I did this on my Acura too and you need to pry a little after removing the screws. It just doesn't want to fall out on its own.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts