Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have an 03 that the turn signals do not work....well, actually, they sometimes work...10% of the time.

Hazzards and everything else work just fine...

I replaced the turn signal relay and the same thing happens...slight clicking (at the relay)...is it possible that the relay is bad or is there something else that could be wrong?

Fuse is OK...

·
Registered
9,247 Posts
The same relay controls both the hazards and the turn signals, so that can't be the problem. Possibly the turn signal switch?

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Since the same everything is used by both the flashers and the directional indicator my bet is on the switch. That is the combination light/turn signal switch. Unfortunately you have to pull the lower dash cover and sreering column covers to get to it. Then unplug it and remove two screws to remove it. Once the covers are off I would check with a voltmeter for possible loss of voltage because of a broken wire.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I agree with the others that the problem is at the switch but I suspect you just have a bad ground for the steering column and that is causing your issue. Best thing would be to take the steering cover off and check it with a voltmeter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I seem to have the same problem, hazard lights work fine but directional lights only work sometimes (about 5%). I replaced hazard relay but no change. I then checked voltage at the multifunctional switch and had good voltage on hot side BUT on L/R side it would show good voltage when it worked OK and zero voltage when it didn't. When directionals not working the hazard relay would buzz. I found that I could put the directional on and then hit the hazard switch on for a few seconds and then turn it off and the directional would work most of the time. If I turned off the directional and then tried it again I would get the buzz. Since directionals go through the hazard switch I'm going to pull that out and see if I find anything wrong. Anybody have any thoughts?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts