Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
didn't see any reviews of the tuxmat custom fit 3d car mats so thought I'd contribute

From their website:
Top Layer - high grade pvc, extremely durable and waterproof
Middle layer - Comfort and structure
Bottom layer - sound proofing, anti-skid protective cloth

The top material looks like leather. There's cushioning on it, kind of like those anti fatigue mats used by people that needs to stand at work all the time. The backing has no 'teeth' whatsoever, it's smooth, same feel as felt but since everything is custom fit, fit is really snug. The package comes with a bunch of retainer clips. Comes in separate driver and passenger side, single 2nd row and middle seats needs to be taken out to install 3rd row.

While I'm pretty happy with the 1st and 2nd row, the install of the third row was a bit of a pain. There is also no lip towards the edge of the mats on outboard sides, it actually angles down following floor contour so whatever winter sludge my kid would bring will just run down the plastic runners of the car, at least that's what I think would happen. I debated whether to return 3rd row and get the husky 3rd row instead but I'm kind of ocd when it comes to non matching ones even though I'm not the one sitting there. I'll have to update this after it goes through winter.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I've never heard of these, but they look interesting. Kinda cool that they're a Canadian company too.

The raised bumps in the middle look as though they would channel water and slush to the outer edges of the mat - I would think a raised lip at the edge would be a must to keep the gunk from pouring out onto the carpet. The first and second rows look very good; the coverage of the driver's dead pedal is excellent.

Definitely keep us posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts