Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone looking for a Video entertainment system should look into the "Mobile Vision 3001GY-K 9" Console TV/DVD" available at Sam's Club stores for $499, or online at

http://www.samsclub.com

As we all know, the 02 EX-L's aren't available with both NAVI and RES. The solution is either dealer installed iVES or Aftermarket. Both typically require professional install & usually over $1000.

The Sam's unit doesn't require any install, just plug into lighter. Except for removing tray/cup holder...before you ask the TV/DVD console has cup holders on it (The tray is attached to passenger seat with three bolts [behind plastic cover]). It has a 9" screen, compared to 6" in most of the other systems. It has some sort of anti-shock system to prevent skipping, for those bumpy roads. The DVD player even plays MP3 CD's. Try that on the most other systems.

It's available in either tan or grey. The grey was a perfect match for the grey leather interior of my 02 Redrock Pearl EX-L NAVI.

The only things I modified on the console was to attach a pair of rubber feet to front of console (floor isn't flat, has a small hump), put some Velcro so it would stay put, and I bought 1-to-3 lighter adapter at Radio Shack.

------------------
2002 RR EX-L NAVI
JVC KD-SH99 CD/MP3
Kicker RS 6.2 & 5.2
Kicker Solo-Baric L7 12"
Rockford 600a4 & Punch 60

[This message has been edited by djronh1 (edited 09-24-2001).]

[This message has been edited by djronh1 (edited 09-24-2001).]

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Good call. Looks like a good product, especially since it includes a regular TV with tuner.

Does anyone have any reliable data on the difference between low-mounted and high-mounted screens?

I know the obvious--that the third row outboard passengers won't be able to see the low screen very well, if at all. But other than that, has anyone looked into this issue seriously?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I currently use a portable 9" TV/VCP that I bought from Wal-Mart for $300. This has worked well for my 96 Grand Caravan. When we are not traveling, it stays in my daughter's room as it works on household and 12 volt currents. My only issue with this approach is that I'm limited to the sound that comes out of the small mono speaker.

With your unit, can you play the audio through the van's audio system or must you rely on the single speaker mounted at the bottom of the unit?

------------------
Future Owner '02 MB EXL NAV
Current Owner '96 R Dodge GC ES

·
Registered
564 Posts
What are you guys searching with online to find this? I've tried every combination I can think of in the Sam's Club search box, but nothing ever comes up.

I suppose it would be WAY too much to ask if it were widescreen huh?

------------------
-= Darell =-
2002 Ody EXL-Nav (TW) ordered
2001 Civic EX

·
Registered
5 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by darelldd:
What are you guys searching with online to find this? I've tried every combination I can think of in the Sam's Club search box, but nothing ever comes up.

</font>
Search for "Mobile Vision 3001GY-K 9" without the quotes.

[This message has been edited by Jim (edited 09-24-2001).]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like it was removed. Some local clubs still have it. The club's that only have a couple left have marked down to $449. Regarding the sound question, it comes with two pair of head phones that plug into front (has two head phone jacks). It also has a switch to shut off built-in speaker so that sound only comes of out of head phone jacks. Plus it has audio/video jacks in front to attach video game, VCP, etc. Headphones have indiviual volume controls on them. It also plays CD-R VCD disks.

------------------
2002 RR EX-L NAVI
JVC KD-SH99 CD/MP3
Kicker RS 6.2 & 5.2
Kicker Solo-Baric L7 12"

·
Registered
585 Posts
SamsClub is like a box of chocolates...

·
Registered
564 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by djronh1:
Looks like it was removed.
</font>

Man, that's a relieve. I thought I was going blind.

------------------
-= Darell =-
2002 Ody EXL-Nav (TW) ordered
2001 Civic EX

·
Registered
170 Posts
I just looked over the samsclub web site and couldn't find it; any hints? Thanks.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by djronh1:
Anyone looking for a Video entertainment system should look into the "Mobile Vision 3001GY-K 9" Console TV/DVD" available at Sam's Club stores for $499, or online at

http://www.samsclub.com

As we all know, the 02 EX-L's aren't available with both NAVI and RES. The solution is either dealer installed iVES or Aftermarket. Both typically require professional install & usually over $1000.

The Sam's unit doesn't require any install, just plug into lighter. Except for removing tray/cup holder...before you ask the TV/DVD console has cup holders on it (The tray is attached to passenger seat with three bolts [behind plastic cover]). It has a 9" screen, compared to 6" in most of the other systems. It has some sort of anti-shock system to prevent skipping, for those bumpy roads. The DVD player even plays MP3 CD's. Try that on the most other systems.

It's available in either tan or grey. The grey was a perfect match for the grey leather interior of my 02 Redrock Pearl EX-L NAVI.

The only things I modified on the console was to attach a pair of rubber feet to front of console (floor isn't flat, has a small hump), put some Velcro so it would stay put, and I bought 1-to-3 lighter adapter at Radio Shack.

</font>

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Look three post up for your answer.

------------------
2002 RR EX-L NAVI
JVC KD-SH99 CD/MP3
Kicker RS 6.2 & 5.2
Kicker Solo-Baric L7 12"

·
Registered
52 Posts
The Mobile Vision 3001GY-K 9" DVD-TV system is back on Sam's website for $499.98. Is this a good system? I have heard concerns about looking at TV screens that are low leading to car sickness - Any recommendations?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My only complaint is on short trips. Since your getting power from the Cig. Lighter, the DVD restarts at begining when you get back (you have to fast forward to get back where you left off). Also you have two seperate remotes, and center console cover must be left open to use DVD remote. But for the price, easy of install, not losing any used space, 9" screen (compared to 6" LCD), and I still have my NAVI. I would definitely recommend.

PS No car sickness yet (I've done a 3hr drive and it saved my sanity...Are we there yet
)

------------------
2002 RR EX-L NAVI
JVC KD-SH99 CD/MP3
Kicker RS 6.2 & 5.2
Kicker Solo-Baric L7 12"

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just looked on their site and found it. Look under Auto&Hardware / Automotive Electronics.

[This message has been edited by daringdave (edited 10-11-2001).]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts