Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know no one has recieved thier 02 RES orderes yet, but one mod I would like to see is a TV tuner for the DVD RES system. Does anyone know if that is available, or if there is a 3rd party add on for something like that? Thanks!

Waiting for my 02 RRP EXL-RES to show up last week of Sept.!!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Brochure states that there are inputs for other devices; a TV tuner would be brutally simple to find, I'd think.

Or get a 12v VCR (not VCP), complete with tuner, and use that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by adam1991:
Brochure states that there are inputs for other devices; a TV tuner would be brutally simple to find, I'd think.

Or get a 12v VCR (not VCP), complete with tuner, and use that.
</font>

I figured I could do it with a VCR, but don't want the hassel of it taking up room, I was hoping there would be a small and easy add on. I'll have to do some investigating. Thanks for your ideas.

·
Registered
200 Posts
partsexpress.com carries a variety of mobile video equipment. Several of the products that I have seen for mobile TV tuners include some kind of antenna diversity system. If not familiar with this term, it means that there are several antenna inputs coming to the tuner and, usually, the strongest signal is used. Of course, as you move the strongest input may change so the system uses the new strongest signal. Anyway, the entertainment system that we have included a TV tuner with diversity. We have a V-shaped antenna on each of the rear quarter windows which does NOT affect visibility at all.

I hope this helps in your decision.

Good luck,

Jeff

------------------
Jeff

'01 SS EX
Cassette, Rosen Video System, Fog Lights, Splash Guards
Full Nose Mask

See photos at:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/B5EC5C7BC6CFA07

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jvennitti:
partsexpress.com carries a variety of mobile video equipment. Several of the products that I have seen for mobile TV tuners include some kind of antenna diversity system. If not familiar with this term, it means that there are several antenna inputs coming to the tuner and, usually, the strongest signal is used. Of course, as you move the strongest input may change so the system uses the new strongest signal. Anyway, the entertainment system that we have included a TV tuner with diversity. We have a V-shaped antenna on each of the rear quarter windows which does NOT affect visibility at all.

I hope this helps in your decision.

Good luck,

Jeff

</font>

Great info, thanks so much for your input! I've got some browsing to do tonight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts