Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
another thread posted within this forum linked to a japanese ody parts page in which there are pictures and some text which can be interpreted as a japanese kit which allows tv to be played on the navi-screen. (see link below)

http://home.att.ne.jp/sea/ora-lag/index.html/master40.htm
halfway down under the pics of chrome grills

i have read the posts from others which describe how-to modify and which parts to buy to allow the navi to play video.... i am impressed with how the navi can be modified to play video..... i am very interested in having such a feature, but i am reluctant to try the instruction posted in these threads due to the fact that i am only somewhat electronically savvy.... (when we start talking about resistors and capicitors i get lost).... anyhow these kits lead me to believe that there is a somewhat easier way to get a video feed into the navi-screen.... can anyone offer enlightenment to this subject?.... also would anyone know how to import/order this product to the us from japan assuming that the workings are compatible with the us-odyssey navi. many many thanks in advance

------------------
jay-q
'01 GG EX-N
'91 Accord LX

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm the guy who figured out how to put video on the navi screen. I've seen the Honda Japan wiring schematic for the Acura navi. Several of the video signals are the same, the plugs aren't. They also have a box that goes between the navi computer and display unit the US model dosen't. So, I doubt this add-on would work easy (or at all for US models).

[This message has been edited by VideoNavi (edited 05-23-2001).]

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey there videonavi
kudos to your system..... i looked at your pix..... am very jealous...... what exactly is different between jap navi wiring and us wiring...... you would think they are the same..... also forgetting about the the tv box kit.... in your opinion, would the reverse camera thing work on us navi?..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts