Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night we drove behind what we think was 2002 Ody with the RES system (couldn't tell if tail lights were amber!). We noticed they were watching the same football game we were listening to on the radio.

Although it wasn't perfect reception, my husband is wondering if anyone knows of an aftermarket TV tuner with an output to plug into the RES system (like you can a video game system)? If so, where should we look for one? Thanks.

------------------
'02 GG EX-L w/RES ordered 11/17, due Jan ??
'97 Accord LX (hubby's)
'93 Accord 10th Anniv (mine)
'83 Accord DX (RIP)
'66 Mustang w/deluxe seats (owned'77-83)

·
Registered
143 Posts
I installed a TV tuner for my RES and is satisfied with the result. Though I am satisfied with my mobile TV tuner, I won't recommend it to you. I bought it brand new from eBay auction and couldn't find it being sold anywhere else. No warranty nor customer services or anything... The seller knew NOTHING about installation and could barely provide me with any help. Anyway, I took my own risk and was luckily to be able to solve some installation problems eventually. Since the unit is small enough to pass through the driver side rear speaker opening, I managed to install the TV tuner behind the driver side rear panel without removing the panel itself-- The only thing being removed was the driver side speaker. Thanks to the extra large '02 speaker opening, I was able to finish everything through that opening! The rear accessory power also can easily be reached through that driver side rear speaker opening. If anyone is interested in knowing more details about the installation, I would love to answer all your questions. As for the tuner itself? I would definitely suggest you pay a little more for a name brand.

Sid

1 - 4 of 4 Posts