Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two dealers in Central Florida, Southeastern Honda in Palm Bay, FL; Space Coast Honda in Cocoa Fl.

Southeastern Honda. I bought my Civic there in '01. Great sales department. We were able to come up with a good price in less than 1/2 hour with no games, no monthly payment ploy, no trade in ploy. However, service is much to be desired. I had my timing belt on my Civic replaced at Southeastern. First visit, they messed up the crankshaft position sensor and I returned it. Second visit, the serpentine belt squealed. Third visit, they had the gall to state that serpentine belt tensioner bolt was worn, which was the reason for the squealing belt. I no longer do my service there.

Space Coast Honda. I bought my Ody there in '09. Spent most of 3 hours haggling the price that included the typical dealer gamesmanship. However, their service department is pretty good. I take my Ody there for most maintenance (with $30 coupon for oil change and checklist). Space Coast also did not did not pressure me into the expensive 10K, 20K, 30K mile service and was OK with doing just what was required for maintenance.

I suggest the for anyone who lives in the Titusville through Palm Bay area (Space Coast) in Florida is to buy the car from Southeastern and get the serviced through Space Coast Honda.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Although I live in Ohio, I've had Odysseys serviced at both stores, most recently at Southeastern on 9/10/10. My dad bought an '06 at Space Coast in 5/06.

I would give a nod to Space Coast in comparing service departments. They promptly fixed my issue (out of balance PAX wheels) the first time. Their store is newer and nicer.

Was disappointed with Southeastern. They failed to successfully align the van last week. Worse, when I scheduled the appointment (in person) two days earlier and showed them an unrelated trim problem, they didn't order the part then. Instead, during the appointment it was, "oh, we don't stock that and will have to order."
Friendly folks though - and they offer free pop and snacks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I may have to change my mind on Space Coast Honda. I just had a couple of wiring harnesses replaced (rodents chewed through them) and acquired a nice set of needle nose pliers that was left in the engine compartment. I found the tool after I heard a clicking noise from the engine compartment. The handle of the needle nose pliers was rubbing against the radiator fan. Fortunately, I caught this in time, and hopefully, no damage was done. More on this.

·
Registered
219 Posts
It happens...done it myself.

I'd be more concern about problems that are systemic than problems that are specific to one mechanic (and he probably doesn't make a habit of leaving tools in cars!).

If the service management is off, the techs will be off.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When it comes to leaving tools in a hazardous place in a car, it should be the responsibility of the service manager. Yes, mechanics do make mistakes, but there should be a checklist of things that a service manager would write that the mechanic shall follow. The last thing on the list should be: MAKE SURE THAT YOU DID NOT LEAVE ANY OF YOUR TOOLS IN THE CAR.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts