Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there does not seem to be much sponsorship of this site by online suppliers I was hoping to get some recommendations.

We recently purchased a '96 Snoozu Oasis and I plan on doing a full tune-up including: plugs, wires, cap, fuel filter, oil, egr-manifold cleaning, etc. I'll buy the fluilds locally however is there a good resource for the above mentioned Honda OEM parts including the small o-rings for the injectors and the gasket for the injector covers (if necessary) and any necessary seals/parts for the transmission service (Shift Control Solenoids seals).

On a side note please include some part numbers in the future guys for items you need to buy or give us hope to find us reference ;) The manual I'm looking at just says to replace the SCS gasket but doesn't provide a part number. Yes a Service Manual will be ordered this weekend.

Also, before placing a huge order all parts on the Oasis are identical to the Odyssey except for the cosmetics correct?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Your local Honda Dealer.

They should be able to print for you any HOW-TO's from the ISIS program, as well as any part diagrams and references to any part you wish to install or remove.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first part I need is the factory air intake box. The old one has three screw holes that are completely broken off, have done some searching on the web but looking for a used replacement, not a "Fast & Furious" Cold Ram Air :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Call your local Honda dealer or salvage yard
Tried a couple salvage yards and no luck. My local Honda dealer seems to be charging me a premium. However after some research I did find this deal that has diagrams and the parts can be ordered right on the diagram page. Their prices are 20-30% less than all of the tune-up parts I bought from my Honda dealer. Even with shipping it appears I'll save about 15%.
Honda Parts Online & Honda Body Parts | Honda OEM Parts by Bill Kay

Nice lookin' ride by the way yakuza.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've had really good luck with g1parts.com. They are a Texas-based Honda dealer with reasonable prices on parts and shipping. They are always much cheaper than my local Honda dealer. For example, I recently had to replace a rear speed (ABS) sensor. g1parts had it for $117 - with free shipping - while my local Honda dealer wanted $171. Another good source for tune-up parts and the like is Rockauto. They carry a wide range of parts at reasonable prices. Good luck with your tune-up!

Dan

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just recently put a "Fast and Furious Cold Ram Intake" on my 98 Ody. So I have all the stock air box parts if you need them. Pretty sure they will fit a 96. PM me and well talk details if you are still in need these parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts