Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday was the first time I was able to wash and detail the van since I brought it home from the dealership. Although it was clean when I picked it up, there were just some sloppy work on it (like fingerprints and smudges and sticker residue) that just bugged me. On certain parts of the van I applied Meguiar's 3-step wax system (cleaner, polish, wax). On the rest, I just used Meguiars NXT Generation wax. I took these pictures this morning on my Thanksgiving holiday.

Here it is on my driveway with it's garagemate:

I debadged the text from the rear hatch (everyone knows it's an Odyssey and we've got too many Touring models in the neighborhood):

I had to give the van a little Subie love....

Nighthawk Black Pearl is a very interesting colour. At certain angles it has a dark purplish hue to the black. On closer inspection the paint covered with multicoloured specks of shiny bits (which is hard to capture on camera)....

The reflection off the hood:

The reflection off the passenger sliding door:

The reflection on the driver's side:

I love/hate black :stupid:.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Nice vehicles!!!

I LOVE your STI! I emailed you sometime ago about high resolution pictures of it! I didn't know you owned an Odyssey also!

I hope to get an STI in the future sometime...

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ha, ha--it really is a small word :). We just picked up the Odyssey last week in anticipation of our 4th child--the Ody definitely beats the STI in that department!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Gorgeous wax job

The shine from your car is blinding. It looks like both your cars could go up on autopia's 'click and brag'. I picked up the my new hobby of detailing cars when I discovered I don't have time for 5 hour rounds of golf anymore (4 kids now). It doesn't take long to wash and wax a car if you are prepared with the right gear ( mf towels, clay bars, etc.). I can usually clean and dry the ody in about 35 minutes. Every six months you should clean, polish, and seal your car and then you only need to wash every week or every other week. There are a lot of good polishs and waxes out there so you should do some research on autopia.org or detailcity.com. I use collinite 845 insulator wax on cars that sit outside and ,so far, after 2 months the water beading is still intense. They say you can go 6 months between applications, but I will only go 4 months because it is so easy to put on and take off. Good luck with your odyssey.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Beautiful! Love the shine. I washed, waxed, applied scotchgard, rain-x, and fog-x to my van after getting it home from the dealership. Love the rain-x. My next wax treatment will probably be the 845.

Yesterday was laundry day. I did 5 loads of laundry. And we have the the Whirlpool Duet washer which holds a lot of laundry. Anyways, the dryer vents into the garage directly in front of the Ody. I have a lint trap on the end of the dryer hose but it doesn't catch everything so now there is a thin layer of dryer lint all over the Ody.

·
Registered
13,865 Posts
Fix the dryer venting. If it is sucking up it's own warm air, it's costing you money. Dryers need to vent to the outside.

·
Registered
313 Posts
moist air in house= mold

You should not be introducing moist air into a space that might have open framing. It could lead to mold. If the garage is finished then it might not be as big a problem. Most homes vent dryers outside for a good reason. I had a leaking skylight in my house that lead to a $10,000 repair, so beware moist air in framing.

·
Registered
88 Posts
egads said:
Fix the dryer venting. If it is sucking up it's own warm air, it's costing you money. Dryers need to vent to the outside.
I usually pop the garage door about a foot or so to allow the moist air to escape. And humidity up here at 7,500 feet in the desert is pretty low. Today is it at about 50%.

I don't know why the dryer doesn't vent to the outside. There is just a hole thru the wall from the utility room to the garage. I bought a lint trap from Home Depot that catches the lint, for the most part. I had to mod it to put in more openings and some screen material to catch the lint. You're supposed to add water to it and the water collects the lint but that is too time consuming and difficult to remember to do everytime I need to dry a load of laundry.

Thanks for the warning on the mold. I'll make sure I pop the garage door to allow the moist air to escape. But it sure is nice if I have to do something out in the garage in the winter to just do a load of laundry and heat that place up.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
What a beautiful shine!! I don't like dark vehicles because they are too difficult to maintain, but your van looks great! You should post another picture to this thread showing what it looks like in January!!!!:D

Holy cow that Subie sure is BLUE!!!!! Almost hurts my eyes!!:cool:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Oh yeah, your missing window tint on your STI ;)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the comments... I'll definitely post up a picture of what it looks like in January :D.

2hondas said:
Oh yeah, your missing window tint on your STI ;)
Tint on the front windows is illegal in BC, but it's never stopped me before--even after receiving a $80 tint ticket. However, with the STI being such an attention grabber already with the gaping hood scoop and the spoiler large enough to serve dinner on, I didn't want to attract any more "unwanted" attention ;).

The rear windows are tinted lightly with Huper Optic ceramic tint which does well to keep the heat out (but killed my AM reception :().

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Stargazer said:
Thanks for all the comments... I'll definitely post up a picture of what it looks like in January :D.

Tint on the front windows is illegal in BC, but it's never stopped me before--even after receiving a $80 tint ticket. However, with the STI being such an attention grabber already with the gaping hood scoop and the spoiler large enough to serve dinner on, I didn't want to attract any more "unwanted" attention ;).
Just stay away from here, Nor Cal,specially the San Jose area. It's been pretty bad there with the cops profiling the WRX's and EVO's. So sad.;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts