Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
The commercial shows lil ones putting headphones on. Does the ultra res system come with them ?
It comes with 2 wireless headphones. I haven't used them yet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
they are kind of different. there is no adjustment like you'd expect. there are two connecting pieces between the actual on-ear speakers that create tension in a "one size fits all" kind of configuration. i have a big head and i put them on expecting lots of discomfort and was pleasantly surprised. it works really well. my little one was loving them too. enjoy it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Headphones work great!! Fits many head sizes, without an adjustment. My kids like the "artificial surround sound" mode as well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Love the headphones, they fit my gi-normous head as well as my one year old's.

·
Banned
728 Posts
Yes, 2 jacks available (on the 3rd row). The wireless and wired headphone options are the same for both EX-Ls with RES and Tourings (any) down here in the US
Thanks, I should have climbed in the back to have a look myself. Checked it out last night. It would be nice if the AUX video input could be controlled from the front of the van in the EX RES version. The iPod in the glove box is a 32 GB iPod touch. I have many kids movies on it, but the RES can't access them from this location.

It may seem sillyto say this today, but I think DVDs are going the way of the "Do Do bird" and in a few years, most people will be accessing movie content on portable devices or streaming wireless from computer to TV. We already do this in our home with an Apple Computer (iTunes) and an AppleTV module to connect to our HD TVs.

I'd like to be able to select content for the RES from the iPod connected in the glove box and control the kids' programming. As it is now, I have to plug the iPod into the rear port and then select the movie, get back to the driver's seat and drive off.

I guess the RES system will evolve as the technology becomes more mainstream.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Thanks, I should have climbed in the back to have a look myself. Checked it out last night. It would be nice if the AUX video input could be controlled from the front of the van in the EX RES version. The iPod in the glove box is a 32 GB iPod touch. I have many kids movies on it, but the RES can't access them from this location.

It may seem sillyto say this today, but I think DVDs are going the way of the "Do Do bird" and in a few years, most people will be accessing movie content on portable devices or streaming wireless from computer to TV. We already do this in our home with an Apple Computer (iTunes) and an AppleTV module to connect to our HD TVs.

I'd like to be able to select content for the RES from the iPod connected in the glove box and control the kids' programming. As it is now, I have to plug the iPod into the rear port and then select the movie, get back to the driver's seat and drive off.

I guess the RES system will evolve as the technology becomes more mainstream.
Yes I agree with the DVD being an issue, plus what if you bought bluray disks... I would have liked to see an hdmi port at the front, so i can hookup my ipod or ipad directly to it there, oh well seems like 30feet worth of hdmi cabling, or an appleTV setup is what you need to make this work.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Yes I agree with the DVD being an issue, plus what if you bought bluray disks... I would have liked to see an hdmi port at the front, so i can hookup my ipod or ipad directly to it there, oh well seems like 30feet worth of hdmi cabling, or an appleTV setup is what you need to make this work.
Thats why you should buy the combo packs where available, usually $5 more, they give you both the DVD and Blu Ray and sometimes the digital copy as well.

True.. but since the viewers of the RES can only be in the 3rd or middle row, there was no thought of putting the HDMI/AUX jack in the front of the van.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Headphones are wonderful for the parents as you don't have to hear Dora the Explorer 1 million times as you drive for hours.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes, it would be nice if the EXL-RES had blu-ray instead of simply DVD, but we are about to take a 30 hour drive from Dallas to NYC, and I have one word: REDBOX!

I don't buy a lot of movies, preferring to rent/netflix/hulu, etc. At $1 each, Redbox is a great deal for getting a stack of movies at the beginning of a drive, and turning them in when you get to your destination.

I'm a little curious how Netflix streaming to an iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch will work while on the road. It works really well in testing it locally, we'll see if it holds up over the road.

I, for one, don't let my kids watch the RES except on trips over an hour.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I'm a little curious how Netflix streaming to an iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch will work while on the road. It works really well in testing it locally, we'll see if it holds up over the road.
My guess: frustrating. Assuming your provider is AT&T, you'll need a 3G high speed downstream all the way (and on the move, including when handing over from cell site to cell site) that might not happen like wifi at home (when you are not moving). I also seriously doubt they will have high speed coverage after leaving the outskirts of large cities. Sitck with redbox, you'll hear less yelling when the picture freezes or when Netflix gives you a red screen to tell your quality needs to be adjusted due to changes on Internet connection speed :rant:

·
Registered
23 Posts
My guess: frustrating. Assuming your provider is AT&T, you'll need a 3G high speed downstream all the way (and on the move, including when handing over from cell site to cell site) that might not happen like wifi at home (when you are not moving). I also seriously doubt they will have high speed coverage after leaving the outskirts of large cities. Sitck with redbox, you'll hear less yelling when the picture freezes or when Netflix gives you a red screen to tell your quality needs to be adjusted due to changes on Internet connection speed :rant:
Agreed, it's more of a curiosity. I have had some luck streaming over edge, but it's sketchy at best.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts