Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my new 2002 EXL-RES and in the manual it says that the storage tray is standard on the EXL. Does that include the EXL-RES? Because I don't have one. And if its not included can I add it as an option?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have one. Maybe the dealer took it out and forgot to put back in.

------------------
2002 Starlight Silver EXL-RES

·
Registered
26 Posts
JeffM welcome to the Odyclub - I am also a newbie here - your storage tray should be included under the passenger seat -

try from accessing from there. If you do not have one like I didn't - the dealer should be notified and they should replace with out cost - happened to us too.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Yes. EX is EX, so if you didn't order something that's installed under the passenger seat, you should have your storage tray.

I hate to sound suspicious, but there's no reason for anyone to have messed with that tray--let alone remove it. I see a salesman who's shuffling underseat trays around, having given one to someone for some reason, waiting to find the EX buyer who doesn't notice.

A friend bought an EX from a local leasing company. (My first question: "why did the local leasing company have 3 Odys on the lot, waiting to be sold...????") She got one keyless entry remote. She was surprised when I told her it came with two. She was going to go back and get another one. Regardless, now I know where some of these things on ebay come from...

·
Registered
105 Posts
I almost missed mine. It is recessed pretty far under that passenger seat!

------------------
1996 Odyssey 120,000 miles
2002EX Odyssey w/towing package
http://www.homestead.com/weaverhouse/index.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The dealer said that the tray is not included on the EXL-RES because it has the entertainment system.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sweaver:
I almost missed mine. It is recessed pretty far under that passenger seat!

</font>

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dealer is lying - We have EXL-RES and ther is one under the passenger seat. What are they trying to pull?

The owners manual has it in a picture - I do not know what page.

Do not let them talk you out of one - it is standard and comes with your ODY

·
Registered
207 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by New Honda and Ody Owner:
Dealer is lying - We have EXL-RES and ther is one under the passenger seat. What are they trying to pull?
</font>
Could the dealer be mistaking the center pocket for the storage tray? The former is pretty much nonexistent in the RES isn't it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OOPS How could I be so stupid its under the front of the seat. I was checking the back underneath the seat. I assumed it was for the DVD's in the back seat. I already called the dealership to apologize. Now I have to call Honda in the morning.

Jeff

·
Registered
105 Posts
JeffM, just like I said, I almost missed mine too!

------------------
1996 Odyssey 120,000 miles
2002EX Odyssey w/towing package
http://www.homestead.com/weaverhouse/index.html

·
Registered
131 Posts
My wife couldn't find ours either until she stopped looking under the drivers seat. I told her I thought it was under the passenger seat and sure enough there it was...

------------------
2002 EXL-RES Redrock Pearl

·
Registered
90 Posts
Bought my Ody used so my storage bin is probably out somewhere in the universe. Looking under my passenegr seat--I see the DVD system for our Navi. So should the bin be under the driver's seat?

At any rate, is it worth getting one from the dealer, or would a rubbermaid container do just as well?

Those with other options, did you afix rubber on the bottom to prevent sliding?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
tenorGJ said:
... At any rate, is it worth getting one from the dealer, or would a rubbermaid container do just as well?
Don't waste your money buying the Honda underseat tray.

Do a little searching and you'll find information about Rubbermade storage boxes that work just fine. I have them under several seats and don't bother with anything to prevent sliding.

Mel

·
Registered
747 Posts
tenorGJ said:
Bought my Ody used so my storage bin is probably out somewhere in the universe. Looking under my passenegr seat--I see the DVD system for our Navi. So should the bin be under the driver's seat?

At any rate, is it worth getting one from the dealer, or would a rubbermaid container do just as well?

Those with other options, did you afix rubber on the bottom to prevent sliding?
Don't know for sure, but I don't think the Navi has the tray due to the DVD system being under there.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I second Mel's advice; don't spend the money on the "factory" underseat bin. It's flimsy and cheap. Definitely not worth the $$.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts