Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i figured i'd post this here cuz y'all would know better.

my 2011 has lost the underfloor storage in the second row you folks enjoy. were there any particular problems with it? it seems like a very handy spot to me for stashing small items, but wholly unsatisfactory for storing the spare.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Seems like the cost savings of eliminating it doesn't compare well with having it. I really like it on my 2009. When we go on long trips, the girls store pillows and blankets down there until they're ready to use them. Then they can put them away quickly when done. And I thought I had it bad buying an 09 cause it didn't have the lazy susan that earlier models had......

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
was that really a cost cutting measure? that's really too bad cuz that's the kind of practicality that was a selling point for me. not just the storage bin itself, but it did hint at a different philosophy than just a people hauler.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Don't know if it was a cost-cutting measure or not. But if it was, it wasn't a real good one. But like you suggested, it was something I found real useful that set this van apart from others.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'd rather have the spare in that center underfloor lazy susan area than poking into the shoulder room of the third row seat. They had it right on the 2nd gen, screwed it up on the 3rd gen, fixed it on the 4th gen.

·
Registered
786 Posts
While I like my infloor storage and lazy susan, the thing that gets me is the thought of wrestling that filthy tire into that area without touching any of the seats or carpet. Even the 2nd Gen was better because I think it was off to one side, if I remember correctly?

·
Registered
401 Posts
I was wondering, with the underfloor storage gone, if the gas tank was redesigned to give a more accurate reading?

·
Registered
513 Posts
As noted, the 2011 has the spare tire in there, like the 2nd generation cars did. However, normal tires cannot be put there, as they are bigger than the spare. They have to be put in the trunk, like on 3rd generations vans.

I would guess that since they now have the armests on the 2nd row middle seat, instead of on the outer seats, it is wider than before and may not have fit in the floor anymore. Funny thing is that Toyota went the other way, putting the armrests on the outer seats instead of on the middle one, and now THEIR middle seat fits in the trunk...

Finally, the 2011 have the same hip and shoulder room in the third row as the 2005-2010: 1230/1546 vs. 1232/1554. Nothing gained by removing the spare.

Nicolas

·
Registered
208 Posts
the dimensions are probably the same but if you sit on the right side of the third row, its much more comfortable than the left side of the third row.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts