Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.

I read through a lot of threads and can't find anything like this. My right front tire is wearing unevenly. It's wearing towards the outside of the tread pattern but not the same all around the outside tread. It's wearing more in some sections than other sections of that tread. So I went to Sears because I had a leak in a rear tire with their warranty and the suspension guy there says its a worn right front strut causing this type of wear. He called it bounce wear or something like that. He says the strut is worn and bouncing the tire. I know a worn strut can cause a tire to bounce but does that cause the tire to wear in random patches like that? Any one had this happen to them or know about this? The front suspension ain't what it used to be. I cant remember now if Honda replaced that strut ever under warranty but if not then it has 118k miles on it. Gotta search the receipts. I'd like to be more sure about this diagnosis before I spend 500 for Sensa-Tracs and an alignment.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
I've seen this on cars with worn struts. Almost looks like "cupping" in the tread pattern. I'm closing in on 105,000 miles and the big servicing tasks at that mileage. While it's apart, I'm looking at replacing the front struts, too.

OF

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.