Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

We just bought a new 2002 Odyssey LX in Southern California. The van is really great, and we love it. But I am afraid we were given an unfair financing deal at the dealership.

We negotiated what we thought was a good price for the van (MSRP+$310) and turned down all options/accessories offered in the finance office. As his last offer, the finance guy told us that if we get the alarm system, he would lower the APR so that our payment remains the same (with the same number of months). Sounded good to us, so we signed our sales contract with the alarm system.

Well we checked the numbers in the sale contract after we got home, and it turned out to be a really bump deal for us. The payment turns out to be almost $20 more per month with the alarm system than without it.

In hindsight, we should have stood firm and say NO to everything offered in the financing office. But we signed the sales contract (based on the finance guy's verbal guarantee). Any ideas on what we can do now? complaints to Better Business Bureau?

Thanks for any ideas.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I think you should call ask for the General Manager to discuss the matter. In Arizona a verbal agreement can hold up like a written agreement in many cases, unsure with CA. Regardless you signed in 'good faith' that what he was telling you was correct. It's not like his 'mistake' made the montly payments go down $20/month! Good Luck!

------------------
2002 Silver EX
1996 VW Gti
1999 Pit Bull/Catahoula Leopard dogs
2000 Kenmore Vacuum with 5spd/adjustable suspension/Cyclonic cleaning/washable air filter/N.O.S. badge/racing stripes/100w headlight

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice, OdyRocky. We're determined to get this resolved one way or another. Afterall, a deal is a deal, right?

lx1

2002 Odyssey LX
2000 CRV LX
1997 Civic HX
1979 Ford Mustang
1973 Ford LTD

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ody Fellas,

Thanks for the support. Last week the general manager from the dealership apologized and refunded me the difference.

By the way, this van is good!

------------------
-------------------------
2002 Odyssey LX
2000 CRV LX
1997 Civic HX
1979 Ford Mustang
1973 Ford LTD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts