Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I turn on my 2006 Honda Osyssey Touring, I can open and close the sliding doors without any issues repeated times.

If I back up, or drive forward and keep the car under 5mph, I can park, and use the sliding doors repeated times.

If I drive over 5mph, even for just 10 seconds or more, and then park with the car still on, the doors won't open using the buttons inside.

I can use the sliding power switch to turn the sliding doors buttons on and off, and the doors still won't eespond. I can manually open and close the doors, and the buttons won't work.

But, if I turn the engine off, turning the key to position 1, the door switches immediately work, and I can open and close the doors repeatedly.

I've tried unplugging the battery for extended periods to reset the switch/door system. No luck. I can't find anyone else with a similar problem or solution.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
This may not be your issue, but there are settings that can be changed that automatically lock the doors when you reach about 5 mph. You can change this to autolock as soon as it is in drive and auto-unlock when you put it in park (I think). You can also disable this funtion all together. You might want to play around with these settings to see if it correlates at all to your door issues. Instructions for changing this function should be in your users manual.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Solved.

It turns out that one of my wheel speed sensors was bad. I was waiting to replace it until the new one I ordered came in the mail, and was just ignoring the ABS warning on the dash.

The odyssey automatically disables the sliding doors when there is a VSA or ABS warning, since a faulty wheel speed sensor prevents the car from knowing if it is in motion, and doesn't want the doors opening with the car running. So the doors don't work until the engine is off.

I hope this helps someone else out there some day.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
since a faulty wheel speed sensor prevents the car from knowing if it is in motion
Seems like there are quite a few other things that tell the vehicle whether it is moving or not. Like the other 3 wheel sensors, for example. Or being in park. Or the speedometer system.

Just seems strange that the doors are disabled by the failure a single speed sensor.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Solved.

It turns out that one of my wheel speed sensors was bad. I was waiting to replace it until the new one I ordered came in the mail, and was just ignoring the ABS warning on the dash.

The odyssey automatically disables the sliding doors when there is a VSA or ABS warning, since a faulty wheel speed sensor prevents the car from knowing if it is in motion, and doesn't want the doors opening with the car running. So the doors don't work until the engine is off.

I hope this helps someone else out there some day.
Thanks for posting the resolution. Nothing as frustrating as having a problem with your car, searching the forums and finding someone with the same problem... YES, THAT'S IT! and then they never post what the fix was.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts