Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Been a while since posting much here. Our Ody has been doing a lot less work since we got a 2nd car so there hasn't been much to talk about!
But over the Thanksgiving weekend I ended up with new tires. I'd been fighting with my Yokohama AVID TRZs for a while. After bad alignment and towing a U-Haul across the country messed them up it was a constant battle of rotate/balance and finally they were worn too far. Big-O wouldn't work on them anymore. Only 24K miles and worn out - lesson learned.

But anyway, since we don't put a lot of miles on this car anymore I didn't do my usual research and find the best at any (reasonable) cost for tires. Big-O was recommending the Uniroyal Tiger Paw Touring and they were only $109/tire. So we'll see how they do. 400 miles of highway driving today felt pretty good. Anyone else have experience with them?

Back to "lesson learned" I had the alignment checked and corrected. It was out after less than 10K miles since the last alignment. Nothing about how the car drove gave any indication it needed work. But it was hard on the tires. Gonna get it checked again at rotation time.

- D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! That's reassuring to hear. How many miles so far?

Brand new tires always feel so much better than the worn out set they replace, so I'm trying to withhold judgement. But so far they are pretty good.

I haven't found any significant number of consumer reviews of this specific tire online. TireRack only has survey data of the Tiger Paw Tour SR and the results aren't flattering.

- D

·
Registered
511 Posts
approx 12K on them. Wifey still prefers the ride on the Avalon since putting them on.

OTH, have the Cooper CS4 Touring on the ODY. Got them based on the posi reviews. IMO I find them on the loud side.

Cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts