Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this option is available with NAV equipped models via the MID menu, but does anybody know if any of us poor, old RES owners have this option available through different means?

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
303 Posts
You may try the procedure for 05 to 10 M.Y.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice pick as your avatar - must be a signal that I should have a glass tonight.

I think I tried it (holding down both the lock button and passenger sliding door button at the same time, right?), but was not in the vicinity of the car. Not sure if that makes a difference or not, but I'll try it again when I get home tonight.

Thanks for the reply -
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
786 Posts
Proximity doesn't matter. I have done it while sitting in the car with the engine both on and off. You are programming the remote not the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
303 Posts
I simply don't have time to waste waiting for something I can easily avoid. I have soooo many more interesting to do... My car is there for me, I'm not there for it.

You may check this tread :

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=26920

P.s. : the 10 yr cask strength is really good! :)

And what about the Ardbeg Uigeadail!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
13,875 Posts
lhiyama said:
Nice pick as your avatar - must be a signal that I should have a glass tonight.

I think I tried it (holding down both the lock button and passenger sliding door button at the same time, right?), but was not in the vicinity of the car. Not sure if that makes a difference or not, but I'll try it again when I get home tonight.

Thanks for the reply -
How about checking the owner's manaual? The prior gen had the instructions printed in the owner's manual. I would think the new generation would have the same?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cntrtwnltd said:
Proximity doesn't matter. I have done it while sitting in the car with the engine both on and off. You are programming the remote not the car.
I assumed that, but since I didn't try it myself I couldn't say for sure that it didn't work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dvpatel said:
How about checking the owner's manaual? The prior gen had the instructions printed in the owner's manual. I would think the new generation would have the same?
That's where I learned that it was available for the NAV owners. I was just hoping that there was an unprinted method of accomplishing this as the manual did not say anywhere that this option was not available for non-NAV Odys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Laphroaig said:
I simply don't have time to waste waiting for something I can easily avoid. I have soooo many more interesting to do... My car is there for me, I'm not there for it.

You may check this tread :

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=26920

P.s. : the 10 yr cask strength is really good! :)

And what about the Ardbeg Uigeadail!
Yeah, I already read it and tried the previous gens method. No luck.

Thanks anyway.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
13,875 Posts
lhiyama said:
That's where I learned that it was available for the NAV owners. I was just hoping that there was an unprinted method of accomplishing this as the manual did not say anywhere that this option was not available for non-NAV Odys.
Hmmm. That's odd. The prior gen form 2007+ has the programmable locks from EX-L and up. Odd that Honda removed the feature.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
I have the Touring and the setting for me wasn't through the big MID, but the monochrome one in the instrument panel above the steering wheel.

Is there an option to scroll through that display to a place where the "settings" are available?

I think the lower trim levels lack a few buttons on the steering wheel, but I assume the capability is still there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
687 Posts
Having just gone through the manual, I don't think the remote door unlock settings can be changed for the EX-L. For Touring models, everything it done through setting in the driver's Multi-Information Display (MID). However, these settings are not available to EX-L models and they don't list any manual way of doing it.

:huh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Having just gone through the manual, I don't think the remote door unlock settings can be changed for the EX-L. For Touring models, everything it done through setting in the driver's Multi-Information Display (MID). However, these settings are not available to EX-L models and they don't list any manual way of doing it.

:huh:
That is sad because the previous year model were able to do it. :frown:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I am too interested to know how to set the "one click unlock all" setting on my 2012 EX. This was possible on the 2008 EX. If any Honda Representative follow this forum, please reply. Thanks.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top