Honda Odyssey Forum banner

201 - 220 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
2 drain and fills accomplished and Tru-Cool 4544 transmission cooler on order along with a Magnefine filter. If I were going to change the struts and wanted something that could handle heavier cabin loads what would be recommended?

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
In the rear, I would suggest AirLifts or Monroe Sensatrac Load-Adjusting shocks with new coil springs.

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
No, not the same for the fronts. KYB or Monroe shocks for the front. When replacing the fronts shocks, consider replacing the coils springs and stabilizer links too. Coil springs are known to prematurely break on the 2001 model! Come to think of it, Monroe now makes a Quickstrut which has the coil already attached...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I am new here but not a new Honda owner. I am having a problem with my Odyssey. I have a bad smell from the rear vent only. I could only find 1 other person with this problem so far. Anyone ever have this happen to them?

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
This is a rare problem I believe.

I think you would be better if you posted this problem in a new Thread to get better response.

I would guess that you have an HVAC issue in the right rear and unfortunately the trim is not easy to remove.

·
Registered
7 Posts
New Dad, your compilation is excellent - except that I can't view the links. I get this error message:

You are not authorized to view the content on this page.

If you believe you have received this message in error, please contact the Support Center.

Please go back or return to the home page.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm logged into the Odyclub site, but do I need authorization for your unofficial site? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
All this info compiled together is great. Thank you!

My EX kept "clunking" when I would take off in Drive and sometimes when turning a corner. I complained about this off and on for 3 years. They would tighten the struts and the problem got better for a little while and would start again. As I was nearing the end of my extended warranty, I insisted they fix the problem. Honda replaced both struts and it still did not stop. I had the mechanic ride in the car to experience it first-hand. After the very first clunk he asked if I'd had the transmission replaced. I said yes and that the noise started shortly afterwards. Apparently the suspension was not seated properly after the tranny was put back in. He made the necessary adjustments and I've not had a clunk since then. Just something to keep in mind if you're hearing clunks from the front.
I know this clunk same thing happened to me, also i learned the front end needs an alignment everytime the front trans cradle comes out and back in.

·
Registered
74 Posts
If you have a new rebuild going in you should also consider going to a full synthetic fluid and abandoning the Honda fluid entirely. There are several excellent synthetics on the market that are compatible with the Honda design that have better thermal breakdown resistance than the Honda fluid.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone I'm new to this. Just got my odyssey about 1 month ago. Changed spark plugs and wires, oil and filter, new brakes, rotors are in good condition. Has basically new tires just need an alignment. Van shifts very good, good mpg. I have heat just no ac fan kicks but not cold at all. I got two codes in that I'm very concerned p1457 I changed the gas cap to a honda one. Code never cleared but never when away. I got another code is p1739 is a 3rd gear switch pressure I'm wondering if anyone has changed it and transmission is good. Planning to change transmission fluid with honda fluid, but witch filter is the one for the transmission on the website magnefine filter and size would really help and the tru trans cooler anything will help. Thank you everyone for taking your time to help others.

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
Welcome to the site!

I suggest you search on topics like "heat no A/C", "P1457", "P1739", "magnefine ATF filter" and "transmission ATF cooler". I would ask specific questions in each of those threads if you do not find your answer in the posts. You will find all the answers - we have a good knowledgeable bunch here and many in the past have given great advice...

·
Registered
74 Posts
For your AC, take a close look at all of the AC hoses and lines and see if you can see where oil has leaked out anywhere. This is a telltale sign where the AC system is leaking and where the repair likely needs to be done. It's quite common for most cars to just have a refrigerant leak that lowers the pressure in the system to the point that the low pressure sensor prevents the AC compressor from kicking on and burning up. Usually repairing the leak and recharging the system will restore AC function.

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
You're welcome. Most of the links are broken now though...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Had trouble searching the forum so I'll just ask.

I have an '01 Odyssey.

Has anyone changed the timing belts on your own or is this something that is pretty intricate and should be done at a service center?

Also, I have a leaking PS line. I assume it's the return line. It comes out of the reservoir(hose), in front of the radiator(steel line) into another hose, then into another steel line to the rack. It appears to be rusted thru and leaking where the steel line meets the hose after it comes back from in front of the radiator. Right where a plastic clamp is.

Can I just cut the line back and add a longer hose?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Your best off posting this in the actual forum section than on a sticky. Many of us have done the timing belt replacement ourselves but in my opinion it's not for the casual do-it-yourselfer. As for the leak, if you know it's a rust hole then it's worth a try.

201 - 220 of 249 Posts
About this Discussion
248 Replies
104 Participants
myrefrigerantma
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing