Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a Pioneer AVH-4100NEX because of the Android Auto, but after installing it and realizing that it's either having a black screen on my phone and only being able to use the phone and Maps....no Pandora! or only connecting via Bluetooth I realized the Pioneer SPH-DA210 with AppRadio Unchained Reloaded is exactly what I needed. Installing tomorrow!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bit the bullet and purchased the Joying head unit. Expected delivery is 1st week of March for free delivery. Will post pictures once it's here. Here is what I purchased JOYING 7 Inch 1024*600 HD Capative Multi-touch Screen Automotive Android 4.4.4 Universal Car Audio Stereo Head Unit 2 Din RK3188 Quad Core 16GB ROM Radio GPS Navigation System with Multiple Button.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here it is fellow Odyclubers. Just finished installing the Joying HU. See pics below.

Unit is a bit narrow so there's a 1/4in gap from both sides but barely noticeable once installed
View attachment 79817

I placed the bracket too close to the dash kit in this pic making it not being able to screw in the bottom screw that secures it to the vehicle's chassis because it's too far. Fixed it by using the next screw hole of the unit
View attachment 79825

Soldering the metra harness makes a clean look
View attachment 79833

All wires connected and ready to put back in place
View attachment 79841

Android 4.4.4 Kitkat, manufacturer says they are testing 5.1 Lollipop and will release update soon
View attachment 79849

My Panasonic backup camera, notice the trajectory ruler on the screen which you can enable within the settings
View attachment 79857

Loaded with Netflix, Youtube and Pandora. Will install more apps soon
View attachment 79865

First impression, looks really solid and build quality is top notch with plenty of features. There's 2 usb cables attached for external accessories like cameras, mouse, keyboard and or usb drive. I attached the free 8gb usb thumb drive and hang it inside the back of the unit and the other one I placed inside the compartment in the center console from quick connections. It has built-in GPS with Sygic app as dedicated for that purpose but you can install whatever GPS app you have. I tried my Navigon App and it's kinda buggy on this unit so I'll just settle for the Sygic for now until I figure out what the problem is. The Torque app won't recognize my bluetooth ODB adapter so I might order the ones that work from the manufacturer. Steering wheel controls work awesome with no lag at all and you don't need any interface for it to work, you just need to connect honda pin#3 to key1 cable of the unit and ground honda pin#11. All in all I'm very happy. Search Joying 4.4.4 kitkat on youtube and you'll see more videos.

I can try to answer any questions on installation if there are any.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice install. Does it do split screen with other apps? For example, can I have the radio and the GPS/Nav running at the same time and see info from both apps?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Please explain how the "data package" works. Does it use your smartphone as a hotspot?

If so, I'd love to know how much data you'll go through watching a full length movie!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Please explain how the "data package" works. Does it use your smartphone as a hotspot?

If so, I'd love to know how much data you'll go through watching a full length movie!
I do use my smartphone as a hotspot for the unit to connect via wifi but I haven't watched movies using my data so I'm not sure how much data it will it up doing that. What I do is park where I know there's a strong wi-fi signal like McDonalds, Starbucks or at work and watch there.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Why is it sticking out like that, It should be flush. I use to have that dash kit you have now (Scosche or something) I switched over to the metra dash kit and it looks and feel wayyyy better.
Yeah, that's the farthest it can go on the dash kit that I have. They do offer the flush screen without the button's sticking out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did you have a non-display unit before? Or were you just upgrading your Nav-display to a new one? I'm trying to upgrade my non-Nav display to one with a screen & GPS. What you have looks perfect for what I'm looking for in my 07 EX-L

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Did you have a non-display unit before? Or were you just upgrading your Nav-display to a new one? I'm trying to upgrade my non-Nav display to one with a screen & GPS. What you have looks perfect for what I'm looking for in my 07 EX-L
Yes, no display for my EX-L. It's perfect for your Ody. Installed JVC KW-AVX810 Headunit is the thread I started when I upgraded mine in 2008. Now since the JVC hu won't turn-on I decided it's time for an upgrade. Have it for more than a week now and I am pretty happy how it turned out. Just finished upgrading the 4 stock speakers with JBL GX602 and now trying to include the Honda Sub part# 08A39-5E1-010. Unfortunately, the attachment kit (08B39-SHJ-100) has been discontinued and been looking around for it for a while now.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts