Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 02 with Navigation and the wife is not happy with the audio system (last vehicle had a BOSE system!). She wants in-dash cassette with CD-Changer and probably better speakers with subwoofer.

The problem I foresee is what to do with the audio feed from the Navigation system, which I assume connects to the standard in-dash CD unit. Does anyone know of after-market units that can take this input?

thanks

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
If you choose aftermarket, there are a number of ways to go, depending on the head unit you choose. Some have a navi input, though trigger may need reversing for the mute to function properly. Others have no navi input, so you can do what Nestor did and use a switch box. Then there is the custom job Steve (Videonavi) did in which he wired in the navi signal between his head unit and outboard amp module, setting the level with step down resistors.
You may wanna look at Panasonic, Pioneer, and Alpine head units to start off with.

------------------
-Shin John
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Dkerr, all I gotta say is, AWESOME WIFE !!where did you find a wife that demands premium audio, Right On. I wish my wife had the same high expectation from car stereos that I do.

Good Luck

·
Registered
82 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dkerr:

The problem I foresee is what to do with the audio feed from the Navigation system, which I assume connects to the standard in-dash CD unit. Does anyone know of after-market units that can take this input?

thanks
</font>
I ran a separate powered Alpine speaker to amplify the voice on the Navi. It doesn't mute the front speakers but I actually didn't care for the muting to begin with. With that choice you don't have to have an extra amplifier and the switch. I thought I need the muting, but after having it done without the muting I cancelled the order for the relays.

Good luck in your choice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts