Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Upgrading my 06 radio

2103 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  kernel
So the radio in my van now is the factory 6 CD changer but without all the other bells and whistles. I would like to upgrade to a factory Nav touch screen unit from the same year or a year ahead. Will this hook right in? Or will I need any special wiring?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Administrator
15,421 Posts
No. It won't and the factory nav is worthless. I have it and we almost never use it.

You also need wiring. It is NOT a plug and play.

· Registered
3,179 Posts
That may depend on the trim and features. My brother had an aftermarket Panasonic installed on his '07 EX in place of his factory screen. Looks and works like the factory unit, and he now has backup camera and Car Play. He's happy with the replacement.

Reactions: SportVan247

· Registered
2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L
10 Posts
That may depend on the trim and features. My brother had an aftermarket Panasonic installed on his '07 EX in place of his factory screen. Looks and works like the factory unit, and he now has backup camera and Car Play. He's happy with the replacement.
Could you possibly ask your brother what model of Panasonic unit he had installed? I'm thinking about replacing my oem radio, looking for something similar. No NAV, no RES.

· Registered
3,179 Posts
I'll see if I can find out. Have you checked out Crutchfield?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.