Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of 17" rims (17X8) that we would like to install on our 2001 EX. I am trying to find out what tire size to run to keep the speedometer error as low as possible. I am thinking a 235/50/17 or a 235/45/17 but neither of these is a perfect match. Is there a better choice?? It seems that there isn't a direct plus one size available for the factory 16's. Any input is appreciated. David

·
Registered
276 Posts
Size 235/55-17 is what you want to use with 17" rims, Odyssey's speedometer is not very accurate.

I just came back from a long trip and according to my Laptop computer's GPS, Odyssey's speedometer is consistently reading 5MPH higher than GPS calculated speed at speed higher than 50MPH.

-Harry

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, we will be lowering it. That is whenever the H&R or Eibach springs are available. I did get a chance to order sport springs from Tein in Japan for $291 plus $199 shipping but the drop was only 1.18" front and .59" back. Not worth it in my opinion. I would prefer a 1.5" plus drop. I was also hoping to get a lower profile tire than the ones mentioned in this post. I did check the Miata site but nothing was a exact match. I am thinking of going with the 225/50/17 and living with the speedo error. I don't know if the 225/55/17 would look good. David

P.S. Maybe us SF Bay area owners need to have a get together sometime soon. I do that once a month with my VW group and also did it with my old Nissan SE-R buddies. It is always fun.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DMGJLG:
P.S. Maybe us SF Bay area owners need to have a get together sometime soon. I do that once a month with my VW group and also did it with my old Nissan SE-R buddies. It is always fun. </font>
David,
Sounds like a good idea.I too have a group of Toyota guys that meet every Friday and we usually have a big meet every 6 months although I'm not sure how many of us on this board are around here.I only know of you,Johnny and Nestor from the Bay Area. Anyone else from here ?

------------------
Rob/'01 GG LX "Lagreat"
http://www.fototime.com/inv/46E6936F1F9A447

[This message has been edited by hachiroku (edited 07-17-2001).]

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DMGJLG:
Yes, we will be lowering it. That is whenever the H&R or Eibach springs are available. I did get a chance to order sport springs from Tein in Japan for $291 plus $199 shipping but the drop was only 1.18" front and .59" back. Not worth it in my opinion. I would prefer a 1.5" plus drop. I was also hoping to get a lower profile tire than the ones mentioned in this post. I did check the Miata site but nothing was a exact match. I am thinking of going with the 225/50/17 and living with the speedo error. I don't know if the 225/55/17 would look good. David
</font>
The reason why I asked is because you mentioned your wheels are 17x8. Do you know the offset? Because my wheels are 18x7.5 with a 45+ offset and the tires sit right under the fender. I'm a little worried about my fenders rubbing with my tires once the van is lower.

-Nestor

P.S. A Bay Area meet would be cool!

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To tell you the truth, I am not sure of the offset at this time. The rims are volk Racing C-Ultra's and they use an adapter to mount to the car. They came off of a 95 Eclipse so the bolt pattern is the same. If the offset it too much we should be able to shave the adapter down a little. I am looking into the tires I want at this point. It seems that 235 wide tires might cause a small problem with the Odyssey lowered.

P.S. Keep me posted on any potential Bay Area meets. I would prefer the Pleasanton /Dublin area as it is pretty central and easy for everyone to get to. David

1 - 7 of 7 Posts