Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Odyssey Touring Elite,

I have read all posts I can here is the problem.

Sitting in the van waiting for somone I prob had the radio on but I don't remember.

First symptom both sliding doors will not open by switch or by pulling on the handle

thought oh heck low battery started the van I was a bit sluggish then it started.

Second Symptom CHeck ABS Light

THird Symptom CHECK VSA Light

Forth Symptom Left door now will open if you trigger it by pulling on the handle

Fifth Symptom Left Door Will not open by using dash button

Sixth Symptom Left door will not open by using the pillar switch

Seventh System nothing will open the right sliding door at all

I'm traveling and this is a major crisis.

I did have an accident back in july (not my fault) hit and run that returned 20 min later. he hit the left side tire and foward but all that work is suposed to have been fixed.

I really need to open the doors and what about the idot lights? Please advise ASAP

Thanks

:huh:

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Oh, and one more thing. If really urgent (not recommended, but it cannot get worse from what I read), disconnect one of the battery poles and wait for a few minutes, then connect it back. If any programmable component went crazy for some reason, a hard reset might help it :dunno:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2011 touring elite and had the exact issue described above. Battery died and after recharging, the check abs and check vsa lights came on. My $30 OBDII reader didn't find any codes. I tried to unhook the battery for 15-20 minutes with no luck.

Honda wanted $50 just to hook up the computer. I went to several auto parts stores and finally found one with an OBDII + ABS reader that pulled two codes 61-01 & 81-01. They aren't legally supposed to reset your codes, but I pleaded and explained the situation to him. He said that as long as I didn't say anything he'd clear the codes. One minute later and the problem is gone.

I think it's stupid that Honda can't make the vehicle smart enough to recheck itself to see if the low voltage is still present and reset itself. Disappointed, but absolutely thrilled with the auto parts store. They'll get my business again. By the way, the reader he used was a $200 Innova 3160. Nice tool.

Hopefully this post will help someone else.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts