Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post to this thread.

I"m trying to install the USA SPEC PA15-HON2 IPOD adapter. I've seen King's post and it is great. Thanks King for posting.

But being new to this, can someone give me step by step details on where to start ? I've read the documentation and was wondering if the steps are outlined in detail somewhere.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jimmy0x52..its a great post!

In other posts I've read about removing the panels to access the rear of the factory installed radio, but this one avoids this. So would this work with an 07 odyssey ? Also it wasn't clear to where to look for the side connector. Any tips ? I would really love to avoid taking out the panel if possible.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually found a lot of posts where people have used a device by Blitzsafe to interface their MP3 player by connecting it to the 14 pin connector near the fuse box on the drivers side.

Does anyone know if this works with the USA SPEC PA15-HON2 ?

thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just installed USA Spec PA15-HON2 couple of days ago.

Here is step by step installation for Radio with Navigation.

1. You have to dismount center dash board.

Use trim removal tool. Pry right side of dash board. It will pop it open very easily.

Make sure that your gear shift is in the "N" position for easy removal of the board.

2. Center dash board has 3 clip type cable attached. Remove these clips out. Remember its location for later.

3. Remove glove box- if you need this detail, search in this forum. There are plenty of them here.

4. Back to Center dash board. You will now see Radio.

There is 2 screw attach top portion of radio, you have to remove those 2 screws.

5. This is very tricky part. It took me a while to figure out. You have to remove radio unit. But it won't free easily. There are two clips or some kind of joint thingy. You have force it out. But don't force with too hard. You will break it. Use trim removal tool to pry little by little. With Patience, radio will come out.

6. Back of the radio unit, you will see white 14 pin connector in the middle. That is what you need to take it out.

7. Use supplied cable connector to hook up radio unit.

8. From same cable, remove sticker "Remove when use." And use that connector to hook up with connector that it used to be attached to radio unit.

9. Connect the other end of cable to adaptor. And Use IPod connector cable to connect your iPhone or IPod to see it is working.

10. If everything is working order, disconnect iPod connector cable from adaptor.

This is time for cable management. You can use empty space behind radio unit to bring cable down to glove box

11. Put the radio back in.

Then Screw back in.

12. Reconnect USA spec adaptor and find the place to attach adaptor.

I put mine as picture showing. I used double side tape. Some use screw to secure it.

It's all up to you.

13. U-la-la. You are almost done!!!

If you want your iPod connecting cable thru glove box, you have to drill hole.

I didn't do that, I am using proclaim to mount my iphone so my cable is coming from bottom of glove box.

Put glove box back in.

Put Center dash back in.

Job Well Done.

Enjoy your new gadget.

http://img.blog.yahoo.co.kr/ybi/1/d7/7f/ohgom/folder/3417232/img_3417232_1371600_18?1305079211.jpg

I love my new toy!!!!!

I hope this help. All together, it took about 30 min. Very easy job!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all, this is my first post to the board. I hope you don't mind me resurrecting this old topic but I'm about to take this on and wanted to make sure the USA Spec PA15-HON2 is 100% compatible with 2008-'10 Touring models that have RES. It looks like that's what ohgom installed it on based on the photos but wanted to confirm the RES still works. Last thing I need on our road trips is a happy wife with her entire iTunes library at our fingertips but no electronic pacifier for the kids to enjoy DVDs in the back seat while we're singing (terribly) up front. Thx in advance for your replies.

·
Registered
19 Posts
To clarify this, my ody is 2006 model.
I have also RES and adaptor doesn't interfere with RES unit. I do not know 2008 model works with adaptor. But I think it will work. I hope this help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts