Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been using the USB jack for my iPod and iPhone. I've noticed that sometimes the music sounds like it is skipping. The skipping happens totally randomly so not on the same part of a song each time. It also does this when the car is still. I don't think it is related to the devices themselves since it is happening on both of them. Any ideas? Anyone else notice this? My car is a 2011 Touring.

ETA... all my software is up to date on my ipods and my iPhone... and they don't skip when used by them selves.

·
Registered
37 Posts
This happens occasionally with my ipod plugged in as well. Not sure why.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On my previous car, different manufacturer, I noticed this happening but it was on the HD Radio when the signal wasn't perfect which makes sense. I was so confused at first since this car doesn't have HD Radio as to what was going on. I guess I'll mention it when I take it in for all the TSBs.

·
Registered
157 Posts
My iPhones skip occasionally. I guess the needle jumps the groove every once in awhile.

It happens in my Odyssey, Prius and speaker dock. I wouldn't necessarily blame Honda for it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Have the same skiiping issues myself but I'm not going to worry about till the 3 month XM radio free contract ends.

Question - What is the purpose of the jack input just about the cooler box on the center console?
Very little in the manual about this.

Thanks,

Patrick

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was told by the sales, it is an audio aux input.

McDonagh said:
Have the same skiiping issues myself but I'm not going to worry about till the 3 month XM radio free contract ends.

Question - What is the purpose of the jack input just about the cooler box on the center console?
Very little in the manual about this.

Thanks,

Patrick

·
Registered
157 Posts
McDonagh said:
Actually, I retract what I said earlier. I tried to use the USB audio tonight and it skipped at least once on about every song. Not acceptable at all!

Has anyone talked to Honda tech support about the problem yet?

·
Registered
32 Posts
boulder_bum said:
Actually, I retract what I said earlier. I tried to use the USB audio tonight and it skipped at least once on about every song. Not acceptable at all!

Has anyone talked to Honda tech support about the problem yet?

Mine works great, I loaded up a thumb drive with all of my songs and just hit random play.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My Husband and i finally noticed it last night.

He reboot his iPhone, and the skipping went away all the way, for that car ride. We left the van, and went back in about an hour and half later, back to the skipping.

My husband didn't use the phone at our destination at all, so all the settings, apps, whatever were all the same as we went back outside to the van.

I just use my iPhone via the bluetooth. That way i don't forget to take my phone with me, lol.

·
Registered
38 Posts
USB Vs. iPod?

I have connected a USB stick to the USB port and it seemed to work OK. Is there a better experience using an iPod? Is there a difference in the interface of the radio? My thinking is get a 32GB stick and away we go but if life is better by using an iPod them let me know.

I have an EX-L with RES if that matters

Thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
One big advantage of plugging your iPod/iPhone in is that it charges while you play music (which is important since my iPhone battery is often low).

Otherwise, does having the USB plugged in let you do the voice-command "iPod Search"? Can you say, "Play Artist: David Guetta" and have it work?

·
Registered
65 Posts
boulder_bum said:
One big advantage of plugging your iPod/iPhone in is that it charges while you play music (which is important since my iPhone battery is often low).

Otherwise, does having the USB plugged in let you do the voice-command "iPod Search"? Can you say, "Play Artist: David Guetta" and have it work?
What iPhone OS are you running? depending on what OS you're running, you know pressing the home button doesn't close out all the apps all the way anymore right? Double tap the home button and it'll lift up to reveal all the apps that are currently open. I highly suspect thats your battery loss issue.

I have an iPhone 4, and the battery can last all. day. with heavy use.

·
Registered
65 Posts
windycityody said:
USB Vs. iPod?

I have connected a USB stick to the USB port and it seemed to work OK. Is there a better experience using an iPod? Is there a difference in the interface of the radio? My thinking is get a 32GB stick and away we go but if life is better by using an iPod them let me know.

I have an EX-L with RES if that matters

Thanks
I wonder if it's working okay for you, since you're not using a USB cable/iPhone/whatever phone adapter? Sticking a USB stick in there may eliminate that issue. Who knows.

On a side note, i noticed TWO times today, where my Bluetooth had skipping. Sigh.

·
Registered
157 Posts
MySillyBoys said:
What iPhone OS are you running? depending on what OS you're running, you know pressing the home button doesn't close out all the apps all the way anymore right? Double tap the home button and it'll lift up to reveal all the apps that are currently open. I highly suspect thats your battery loss issue.

I have an iPhone 4, and the battery can last all. day. with heavy use.
4.2.1. The problem isn't background apps, however. Apple's implementation of background apps is actually pretty efficient in terms of energy usage. All but a few apps don't actually run in the background, rather they save where they left off so you can resume the next time you open the app: thus, it feels like the app never stopped running.

There are exceptions, of course, like Pandora, but my issue with the battery is on days where I let the kids play games that use the touch screen, which is a pretty big drain on the battery.

For typical use, however, the iPhone can certainly last the better part of a day.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts