Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been able to access the music on their Blackberry using the USB port?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
WOW ... 5 months and nobody commented on this post? Disappointed.

Anyway ... I have some GOOD NEWS. I believe I stumbled upon something just yesterday.

If you have your Blackberry plugged into the USB port BEFORE you start the van, the audio system picks up the Blackberry's microSD card as a standard USB device and it will see all the music folders on there.

NOTE: this does not work if you plug in the phone after the van is started. I also tried turning the radio off and on without any luck.

It only seems to work if the phone is connected BEFORE the van is turned on. Also, if you password lock your Blackberry, you'll need to unlock it after the van is started (quickly) so that the microSD is accessible as a storage device (check your Blackberry settings, you may have that disabled).

·
Registered
91 Posts
Can you stream internet radio through the blackberry through the USB?

I haven't tried it yet...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I do know that I can stream MP3s played on the Blackberry (while NOT connected to the USB port) over Bluetooth Audio (phone connected via Bluetooth). So I assume that you can play Internet radio over Bluetooth Audio also. However, I am pretty sure you cannot do send audio signals over USB.

·
Registered
288 Posts
If you have your Blackberry plugged into the USB port BEFORE you start the van, the audio system picks up the Blackberry's microSD card as a standard USB device and it will see all the music folders on there.
I wonder if this will cure the problem of my kids' mp3 players not reading via the van's USB? My Sansa works but the kids' will not. Don't know why.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I tried a sansa on the usb and it was unrecognized. How did you get yours to work? From the owner's manual, it sounded like only iPods were recognized.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried a sansa on the usb and it was unrecognized. How did you get yours to work? From the owner's manual, it sounded like only iPods were recognized.
Try connecting the Sansa (must be turned on already) to the USB port BEFORE (this is the key) you start the van.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wonder if this will cure the problem of my kids' mp3 players not reading via the van's USB? My Sansa works but the kids' will not. Don't know why.
Things you should check.

1. maybe your kids unit has some weird files in the root of the Sansa drive.
2. what capacity is the Sansa? Maybe it is too large.
3. since I don't have a Sansa, I am not sure if this applies; check to make sure the unit is FAT32 formatted and not NTFS or HFS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have tried my Sansa Clip on both the USB and the AUX and it doesn't seem to recognize it. I put the MP3 on before I turned on the van and still nothing. Anyone out there get theirs to work or know why my particular one doesn't?

Any tips or suggestions would be most appreciated.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does the Sansa work like a hard drive when you connect it to a computer? I think that is the only way the van can recognize it (as a hard drive or thumb drive).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts