Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've been using my iPod touch to listen to music on my Odyssey noticed that when playing music, the speakers emit a muted popping noise. This only happens on USB mode, and I have tried both an iPhone 3G and my iPod touch (older, don't know generation). It sounds like the pop (which is sporadic) is emitted from the tweeters, but it is hard to tell.

Another member had the same issue on an iphone 4 and started a thread that got closed because it was in the wrong area.

Trying to ask the question in the right area this time.

Is anyone else noticing this problem?

Is there a fix for it?

Thanks in advance. Sid

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have the same problem on my 2014 EXL. The sound is clean with the FM Radio and XM sources, but with my Ipod touch I hear the random popping sounds that you describe; the popping gets louder as you turn up the volume. Tried another cable and it does the same thing. The noise is really annoying as the sound system is pretty good otherwise.

·
Registered
409 Posts
So, I've been using my iPod touch to listen to music on my Odyssey noticed that when playing music, the speakers emit a muted popping noise. This only happens on USB mode, and I have tried both an iPhone 3G and my iPod touch (older, don't know generation). It sounds like the pop (which is sporadic) is emitted from the tweeters, but it is hard to tell.

Another member had the same issue on an iphone 4 and started a thread that got closed because it was in the wrong area.

Trying to ask the question in the right area this time.

Is anyone else noticing this problem?

Is there a fix for it?

Thanks in advance. Sid
Did you ever get this resolved?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Have you tried streaming using Bluetooth? You can use the USB to just charge the iPhone/ipod touch.

I have used both modes and do not have any popping sounds out of USB cable. Strange that you get that but most likely its a contact issue with the 30-pin (I'm assuming its not lightning) to USB connection.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I found the solution ... just update the ipod software/firmware. I went from OS version 5.0.1 to 6.1.5. No more popping sounds!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts