Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm stumped! I can't get the "use picture as a background" function (nav screen) to work.

The Owners Manual is a bit vague on this, but, the Navigation Manual is more detailed.
So, following instructions starting page 113 (Navi Manual), I uploaded a picture to the HDD. The picture is now available, and, in fact, I can select it as wallpaper - it's the background option that doesn't work.

IOW, I can not set a picture to work as a "background" for the clock.
Even though, when I select the picture to use, I do get a thumbnail showing the picture with a digital clock superimposed on the right hand side, the nav screen always defaults back to the "Galaxy" background. I hope I'm explaining the clearly.

I'm curious if anyboday has tried this yet? If so, were you successful? My wifes suggest I just ask the dealer but seems silly to make a trip just for that. Thanks!
steve

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Figured it out! :rollingeyes:
I was confusing the arrow symbol for "enter" and the nearly same symbol used for "ok". Once I completed the procedure in exact sequence, it works.
Hopefully my ignorance helps someone else.
Happy Trails!
steve

·
Registered
186 Posts
Figured it out! :rollingeyes:
I was confusing the arrow symbol for "enter" and the nearly same symbol used for "ok". Once I completed the procedure in exact sequence, it works.
Hopefully my ignorance helps someone else.
Happy Trails!
steve
Thanks for posting this - you reminded me it's something I want to do. My wife is out right now so I don't have access to the owner's manual - is the usb port in the glovebox? I can't remember.

Thanks!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, USB in glovebox. Uploading to HDD was the easy part. Deciphering the correct use of the symbols was my problem.
Stay on page 115 of the navi manaul, middle column. The trick (for me) is to first pick type of clock, then use the arrow 'button' to select "background". Now you should see listed any jpg pictures you uploaded.
Use the knob to highlight the picture you want, hit the button to "enter", then the down arrow to "ok".
Good luck:)
steve

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just loaded a photo to use for my clock background. I am able to select the photo for my "background" but when I choose "small digital clock" (to appear in the lower left corner), I can see it in the "thumbnail" on the right with the clock superimposed...but when it goes back to the nav screen, the clock disappears and I have only the photo wallpaper. Am I missing something???

Perhaps I "OK'd" when I should have "Entered" first as the original poster of this thread did. It's 1AM...I'll have to take a look in the morning and see. Was just wondering if anyone else had this problem.

Thanks!

Heather

1 - 5 of 5 Posts