Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This is my first posting as an 2002 Odyssey EX-L seeker. I have a Dodge dealer in my area that has used (title issued to them) 2002 Odyssey EX-L with up to 300 miles for sale. The asking price is $28,995 that includes a Chrysler 3 yr/ 36k warranty (NOT Honda warranty). Is this a vehicle that you would buy? Desperately need your opinion.

Thanks,
Darrick

·
Registered
205 Posts
Well, the Odyssey already comes with a 3 year/36,000 mile warranty, so I don't suppose the Chrysler warranty adds much, if anything. Otherwise, the dealer is asking for more than the MSRP of a new Odyssey. Unless you are in an area where dealers are regularly asking MSRP+$2K and you are not willing to travel to a cheaper dealer, or you are absolutely desparate to get the van asap, I would steer clear.

------------------
Richard
2002 Granite Green EX-L
Splash Guards, Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would use carfax.com's report to verify the history of this van with the vin number. Maybe the dealer should provide you with that report in case you have a doubt, they generally have dealer's account to check these reports for no cost to them.

·
Registered
565 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dsaing:
Is this a vehicle that you would buy? Desperately need your opinion.

Thanks,
Darrick
</font>
No, I wouldn't. Doesn't seem to be much value there, compared to a "new" Odyssey.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Does a Honda warranty remain in effect if a vehicle changes ownership during the initial three years of coverage? If not, then as this van is used then any new owner would not have the Honda coverage and would need the Chrysler dealer's used car warranty. I sure wouldn't touch that.

Am I seeing this correctly?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Bet you a nickel that its a Canadian Odyssey. That's why it doesn't have a Honda warranty!

·
Registered
75 Posts
The manufacturer warranty extends to anyone who purchases the car. I'm not aware of any exceptions but wouldn't be suprised if there were some. Still, my guess is that the salesperson is mistaken.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Steve Pert:
Does a Honda warranty remain in effect if a vehicle changes ownership during the initial three years of coverage? If not, then as this van is used then any new owner would not have the Honda coverage and would need the Chrysler dealer's used car warranty. I sure wouldn't touch that.

Am I seeing this correctly?
</font>

·
Registered
24 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dsaing:
Hi,

This is my first posting as an 2002 Odyssey EX-L seeker. I have a Dodge dealer in my area that has used (title issued to them) 2002 Odyssey EX-L with up to 300 miles for sale. The asking price is $28,995 that includes a Chrysler 3 yr/ 36k warranty (NOT Honda warranty). Is this a vehicle that you would buy? Desperately need your opinion.

Thanks,
Darrick
</font>
USE AUTOBYTEL.com or whatever buying service and you'll get major savings on a new Odyssey.

Hmm, Why don't you BUY from DELAWARE? I know that they have a NO TAX policy so WHY not figure out if that applies to cars?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts