Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a used Odyssey and have settled on a 2008-09 (can't afford the new model at the moment). I have looked around and found that they range from $20K to $25K. Are there issues that I should be aware of in these model years?

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm looking for a used Odyssey and have settled on a 2008-09 (can't afford the new model at the moment). I have looked around and found that they range from $20K to $25K. Are there issues that I should be aware of in these model years?
I bought a 08 EX (not an EX-L) from a private seller last August. I would recommend an EX over the EX-L or Touring because, to quote an independent Honda mechanic I know, "the longer the name on the vehicle, the more things that will go bad and will need to be repaired and/or replaced over time" There are a lot of posts about problems with the VCM engines on both the EX-L and Touring and on the Touring, the PAX tire system. I would search using “2008 or 2009 EX-L” or “2008 or 2009 Touring” and you will see some of the problems others have had. PM me if you have any other questions about the late 3rd Gen Odys.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Bought my 2009 EX-L RES in February 2009 and now have about 57,000 on it. I have had ZERO issues with it! I'm on the second set of tires, but other than the transmission flash update the dealer did, it has performed without flaw. I have a full Honda tow package and airbags in the rear. I pull a 3,000 lb popup and have follwed the maintenance minder to the letter. Couldn't ask for more out of this van. Consumer Reports seems to like this year as well as the 2010.

·
Registered
632 Posts
My EXL-RES bought brandnew july09 has no problems and it has 19,850miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts