Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following the lead of others in this forum, I installed Weathertech floor mats. As winter approaches it's becoming obvious that my wisk broom is going to be inadequate for interim cleaning, and lugging the shopvac out to the driveway isn't very convenient.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a portable vacuum, generically a "dust buster," that's preferably cordless and works wet or dry? I've looked at a few stores (e.g., Target and Best Buy) but haven't found anything that seems up to the task.

Mel

·
Registered
103 Posts
Try Sears. I bought a wet/dry vac there that is portable, rechargeable, has attachments and is pretty powerful. I believe it was made by Filter Stream. This new vac replaced my old Dirt Devil Dust Buster.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Last time CR did a handvac comparison, 1/99, the Black & Deckers took top honors:
http://www.blackanddecker.com/productguide/cleaning.asp
------------------------------------------------------------------
’90 4Runner – lacking for a family of 5
’02 GG Odyssey EX-L-RES – my new best friend

tnuckels

[This message has been edited by tnuckels (edited 10-29-2001).]

·
Registered
58 Posts
To solve the ol' lugging the shop vac around problem, I did the following. I mounted my small 1 gallon, 1 hp vac between my two garage doors. I have an extra long hose that very flexible and is easily wrapped around a hook for storage below the vac on the wall. Since I have two very messy boys, it makes for a quick clean up when I pull into the garage. My wife and neighbors think I'm nuts, but I just can't stand having 5 pounds of crumbs and crapola all over the van!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts