Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 EX that has just blown its second transmission. 115K miles on it. I'm thinking that it's just not worth the $3-$4K to fix it (NYC prices). Anyone have an idea of the value of an '01 EX with a blown transmission (if any)?

·
Registered
506 Posts
If there is any value it will be fixed condition, not in broken condition. Now the question is how much more than the cost of the repair is it worth after it's fixed?

Never had to replace a trans but $3-4K seems a little high no?

·
Registered
8,850 Posts
If you sell it whole, it's not worth much more than scrap with a toasted transmission. What about repairing it with a transmission from a bone yard? The whole job might cost $1500 tops and then you are ready to sell it in good condition (or maybe even keep it).

·
Registered
150 Posts
sshepard said:
I have a 2001 EX that has just blown its second transmission. 115K miles on it. I'm thinking that it's just not worth the $3-$4K to fix it (NYC prices). Anyone have an idea of the value of an '01 EX with a blown transmission (if any)?
I don't know much about cars, but I would have guessed that Honda transmissions last, on average, more than 60k miles.

Is your vehicle an outlier?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Re: Re: Value of an '01 with a blown transmission

mi_sat said:
I don't know much about cars, but I would have guessed that Honda transmissions last, on average, more than 60k miles.

Is your vehicle an outlier?
Odyssey's have had transmissions problems pretty much since the dawn of time.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Value of an '01 with a blown transmission

Snobike Mike said:
Odyssey's have had transmissions problems pretty much since the dawn of time.
Guess I'm glad I bought the extended warranty.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Our 2001 with 123k miles had the p740 error code. Same deal 3500 to 4000 to fix. Went to the dealer and they gave me 4200 trade in. He said yeah no problem since we fix cars anyways.

·
Registered
72 Posts
01 value

If you check out ebay one will pop up for sale in that condition. i never followed it to the end of an auction but if memory serves the seller started out around $500.

Maybe you could part it out if that works for you. That could be a big hassle but you may get more than just junking it. What color is your interior? :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts