Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody.
Looks like our 2000 is going to need a transmission overhaul. I am checking some things like solenoid filters for dirt and operation etc but have not found a problem yet. I am preparing for the worst and getting ready for an overhaul. It has about 197K miles and transmission was replaced at around 130K (by the dealer with some goodwill). I disassembled a V6 Accord transmission to study and looks like only clearances I need to set are clutch end plate gaps (using plates with different thickness). I got a master rebuilt kit, friction and steel plates. The diagram that came with the kit lists the end plate clearances, and torque values (for the shaft nuts, valve body bolts etc).
I was wondering if someone knows what those torque values and clearances are so I can compare them to the ones I received just to verify as the kit I bought is aftermarket not Honda. Any tips from people who have overhauled a 4 speed Ody transmission is appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
I can't help directly, as I've only rebuilt a 5-speed. I subscribed to AlldataDiy.com ($26) and they have very good step-by-step instructions as well as clearance checking procedures, clearance specs, etc. As far as I know, they use the Honda diagrams and verbiage right out of the shop manual.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts