Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
it looks like there is some mechanical damage/deformation in the picture. Anyway - the region that's corroded not the sealing surface for the spark plug tube gasket (it seals along the sides of the hole) so you could replace the gasket and you'll be just fine.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
The OP has not been back here since the initial post. That valve cover doesn't look bad enough to replace IMO, but hopefully someone else will chime in with their opinion.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Your guys' valve covers look pretty gummed up. Have you been doing your oil changes on time?

@gyang401 scuff it clean and install it.
Oh, that would be no, though to be fair if not the original owner that could be due to others and not the current owner.

·
Registered
18 Posts
what is the part number for the front cover? anybody knows? For 2011 odyssey EXL? And will a cover from 2008-2010 cover fit on 2011

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
what is the part number for the front cover? anybody knows? For 2011 odyssey EXL? And will a cover from 2008-2010 cover fit on 2011
A dealer that sells parts online, like Bernardi, is the best place t o check this kind of stuff. According to their website the answer is yes, the 2010 and 2011 front valve cover is the same part number.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Also don't limit your search to Odysseys only. These engines share similarities with sedans, Pilots, and Ridgelines. You might get lucky and find a valve cover that matches yours at a junkyard like Pick-n-Pull.

Edit: Duh, I should have read the title! I think I recall even seeing a valve cover on junked MDX which might fit my Odyssey last week.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts