Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work for the postal service as a Rural Carrier, today at work , after my route i was parked and the van was off. As I went to leave I turned the ignition and it clicked 2 times so I turned it off. Then I tried again this time no clicks and no turning over, nothing, no power to windows, seat lights, radio all dead. Then about 5 minutes later I gave it a try and it started back up! Go figure, OMG what happened!! I am dumbfounded.

·
Registered
8,850 Posts
Sometimes a nearly-dead battery can be temporarily revived by "exciting" it. As mentioned, have the battery tested.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My money is on the ignition switch (which can also kill the battery).

As a rural route carrier, you probably start/stop your vehicle many more times than we do per day.

·
Registered
33 Posts
We had this exact issue in our 2002. Last year more than few times, noticed the radio kept flashing for code. Then, one day it lost power completely. No response to remote or key. First I thought it was the battery. But turns out, it was the positive cable connector to the battery. It was moving tiny bit side to side on the terminal eventhough the bolt was tighten all the way in. So I removed it, inserted a small metal piece (in our case a broken metal washer), re-tighten it again. Since then, no issue.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
The thing to do when it happens again is watch the lights like headlights or interior lights. If they go out when it fails to start then most likely the battery terminals. If the lights stay really bright then it could be the starter or ignition switch, probably the starter because you heard clicking at one point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts